Breaks my heart

Old 01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Breaks my heart

My sister was here for 10 days to help me with a project. She's a meth addict but in a "not using now" state. It was a joy to have her here and she worked really hard. I would never give her cash so I am paying to get her dentures from a local dental school.

She looks so bad. No teeth, skin and bones and homeless. Well, actually, our brother lets her sleep in his garage, but it's not a good situation for his wife. I don't blame her at all.

To me, Sissy is still a 14 year old kid. I don't know for sure if the drugs have made her a sociopath or if she's just that way.

We haven't had much contact for the last 20 years due to her addiction issues. She's had some really terrible things happen to her. Rape, sexual abuse, seen things so awful I know she could benefit from intensive therapy.

I know I can't help her. I know I won't enable her. She needs teeth because she can't really eat. She did gain a few pounds while here and got rested up a bit. I just sent her back as I have to go back to work tomorrow and won't be around.

I'm crying now. It's such an awful disease. I am so angry I have been deprived of my siblings due to addiction. I am so grateful I was able to get sober and haven't had to go the bottoms that's their lives.

I hope this post isn't inappropriate. I just needed to put it down in writing someplace. Please keep her in your positive thoughts. If she ever recovers, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions.

Thanks for reading.

Love,

Lenina
Old 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

Lenina thats so hard...intense difficult stuff to deal with,
its really great to hear you acknowledging your strengths in amongst it all,
what you are doing for your sister in the way of her teeth is beautiful & by doing it the way you are ensures she will get what she needs

your an awesome lady, with great strength

i only wish i had a sister like you hun
truly i do.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hugs for you girl.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nikky,

Thanks honey. I really appreciate the kind words, I am crying now like I haven't cried in years. The grief, the anger and the frustration is so intense. I'm hoping the new teeth will at least help her eat a healthier diet. I also gave her some clothes, cosmetics and one of those "Just for Today" books, with a little calendar that has a daily joke on it. I did tell her about a very good womens shelter here in town but she wasn't interested. I know I can't harp on it, just plant the seeds.

You've been an amazing lady to me, watching your growth in your posts. I have so much respect for you! You have so much to give and give it so freely.

Karen,

Thanks for the hugs. I sure need them now. I think my cats are getting worn out from the hugs I'm making them give me.

Again, thanks for all the support and letting me carry on.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That was a love letter to your sister. Cherish the memory, just for today.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

she has expirience things that should not even be thought of; for that i weep. addiction is terrible, some people's are far worse than others. "1 time is too many" and 1000 may not seem like enough... your sister needs the love that u are giving her, and she does need those teeth! .
you're a good person and i pray for your sister.
keep strong.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Many prayers out for you and your sis!~
I was a meth addict and understand the hell
it causes.
I am glad you are here and able to work
through your own grief, that's all we can really
control is our own stuff as hard as it is..