Grandaughte Update

Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grandaughte Update

I sure do have lots of updates! Thank goodness for all this family huh?

Kidding aside, I had a call from my Grandaughter's "hey I'm almost your MIL" she told me gd left rehab. I was sad about that. I called the place where she was suppose to be living, and left message that said, I was sorry she had relapsed and would pay her storage for this month, but not next month.

She called back and explained she was asked to leave for a few days 'cause baby was sick and contagious to other children there. I said, ok, and was happy to hear that; however, called the rehab the next day and by goodness they confirmed her story, and in fact, said she was doing even more than she was suppose to do, like checking in, etc. That was a shock, as I'm not use to being told the truth.

Have spoken to her since she's been back and when she asked about her Dad, I told her the truth. She was very unhappy as she had high hopes too. I said, all the more reason for you to get well so your child doesn't have to ever be unhappy with you.

She sounds determined, and I pray she continues. She just got her driver's license and was very proud of that. Next is the GED, which she knows she has to get. Good for her!

So, there you have it. Maybe one day I can actually give you a good update on both of them. I will only if it's in the cards though, as we all know that God has a plan and it will unfold only when He is ready to reveal the plan.

Until that time comes, I will keep the faith, but also my boundaries!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like she is doing the next right thing each step of the way now, Dev. Happy to hear that. I do sure hope that one day your update witll be good news for father and daughter. You, of course are doing wonderfully!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It might have been nice if the person who told you she had left, also explained why, surely she must have known, yes? Sheesh, some people *harummph*

Glad she is doing okay, Dev. And I like your plan should she not continue in her sobriety...cut off the storage payments.

I really really really hope she continues on this good path and have a feeling she may be one of the lucky ones who can learn from her dad's mistakes.

More hugs to you and Mr. Dev
Old 01-13-2009, 03:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

How wonderful that she seems so determined! Thank you for sharing such a positive story!
HG8
Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, one never knows what will happen in the future but, just for today, I'm happy that she seems to know what's right for her and her baby's future.

Yes, Ann, it would have been nice had she told me the details; however, I should not have "jumped" to any conclusions until I had a chance to speak with her.

The person who told me is the grandmother of the child. I wonder why she hasn't called me back??? We know why.

The reason I use th storage as a pawn is because she loves her "stuff."

Reminds me years ago when my son was homeless and told me he had a plan to live in his storage unit. Remember, Ann? Remember how hysterical I became because there were no windows in the storage unit, and I wondered how he would breath?? LOL I'm a big girl now.

Hugs, Dev