Loving Partner of an addict

Old 01-16-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well Sadie! You are sounding so much like me! You never know what will happen but you know that the #1 priority is yourself. You are well on your way to dealing with a loved one with addiction. If he proves to you that he needs the help and you see his amends in action then you will know when the time is right to let him back in. Take it one day at a time and enjoy the peace you are feeling right now. Loving an addict takes skill beyond belief and learning to detach doesn't mean to detach forever. When he is in recovery and working his program, he will realize his wrongs and make amends. It's part of the process of recovery.

As far as him being your soulmate...... I look at it this way.... Even if we don't end up living the rest of our lives together, I lived with you for a moment and I learned a valuable lesson in healing my own soul. Soulmates aren't always permanent fixtures in our lives but learning lessons and blessings that GOD has placed in front of us.

Much Luck and keep up the work in caring for you!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good that you are sticking to your boundaries Sadie. Life should be taken one day by both addicts in recovery and their families.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i loved your quote on soulmates xx, i do not know what will become of this sad situation but one thing i do know is that i need more to my life other than the unstablenss if a heroin addict in it. I hope he becomes well and when he does we can then sit down and try and figure out where to go from here, see if there is anything left there. xx
Old 01-17-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sadie,

If you were a parent, would you introduce this kind of guy, an active heroin addict, to your adult daughter, as a possible "soulmate" ?

Care for yourself as you would your own daughter.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i know what you mean, i am trying so hard to but he is constantly on my mind, it takes me all my strength not to pick up the phone and call him, he says he is feeling like ending it all at times and has said he is going to get himself signed into a lock ward, he thinks that will help him to sort this out, not too sure though, I think he thinks that he will get on his methodone programme alot quicker if he goes here and they can help him with his other problems xx is this true
Old 01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ladybug34

i know what you r sayen!i have been with a man for 16yrs.i have two kids with him.i have left him once ,i always felt he couldnt do it on his own!hes locked up now<been on every drug there is.he started shooten up right befor he got locked up.i can say i know how you feel,but i cant tell you what to do!your not alone,i promise you that.good lock to you,take care of yourself first!go throw the storys and all on this site,they will help you open you eyes,its helped me so much!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well thats him in the hospital now on an 72hr assessment, hopefully he will be given the help he needs, i am off to see him shortly and iwill let you all know how it goes xx
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
ladybug34

ive lived this life for so long!i hate it so bad that we do WHATEVER it takes to make them happy while we sit in the pain and watch them hurt,kill themselfs!they r doing the same!why wont it ever stop, i was told it is because we stand in there way of hitting rock bottom and its the truth for me!good luck to all,