SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Just a dream (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/165376-just-dream.html)

Maggiemac 12-29-2008 02:34 PM

Just a dream

I would give my life to have you back, Said the Mom
I know you would, said her child
I cry each night for you, said the Mom
And I catch all of your tears said her child
I pray for the day that I can see you again, Said the Mom
Just close your eyes and you can see me, Said her child
I am always just a dream away....
You are the first person who loved me,
and you are the first person I loved.
You were always there when I needed you.
And you always know when I needed a hug.
I am here for you now, mom in your heart and in your soul
I did not take your heart with me.
Instead I life mine with you to hold.
One day I will take your hand
and lead you to paradise.
but until then my beautiful mother,
When you want to see me
You only need to close your eyes.
I am always just a dream away
My friend sent me this and I want to share it with all of you it did touch my heart.
Maggie

Ann 12-29-2008 02:47 PM

That's beautiful , Maggie.

How thoughtful of your friend to send it. I believe there is only a veil between our spirits and the spirits of those we have lost. I know that my mother's words come to me in memory at exactly the time I need to remember them.

May your son's spirit hold a special place in your heart and keep you close.

Hugs

greeteachday 12-29-2008 07:26 PM

(((((Maggie))))) My heart grieves with you.

SerenityGirl 12-29-2008 07:40 PM

(((Hugs))) Maggie

GwenMarie30 12-29-2008 08:03 PM

Sometimes there is no words for grief. (((((((((Maggie))))))))))

copperpenny 12-30-2008 05:25 PM

Be kind to yourself Maggie. Unfortunately we must walk through grief, we cannot go around it. Take your time and let yourself take this at your pace, on your timetable. Are you able to see a counselor for awhile to help you? Take care MaggieMac.

grateful2b 12-30-2008 05:30 PM

(((((Maggie)))))

thats beautiful...

BBD 12-30-2008 07:34 PM

That was really touching maggie and I know your hurting as any mom would. Be kind to yourself and see the beauty in the world. I know your son is looking down on you and with help you though this hurtful time. You just have to imagine that he is happy now~~the pain of addiction is gone and he is at peace.......as I pray you will be when the time is right for you. All my love and hugs, Bonnie

MsPINKAcres 12-31-2008 07:02 AM

Hugs and prayers of comfort for you.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Rita

cessy68 12-31-2008 08:00 AM

Maggie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you -

I was wondering if you ever looked into some reading material that I suggested to you....
The author is Elizabeth Kubler-Ross.

You could even read 'some' limited content about her work online- just google her name and a ton would come up.

She is amazeing- I hope when I finish school that I will be able to give back to people even an 1/8th of what this woman did in her life (dealing with death and dyeing).

I prefer to refer her to you- as she knows (after dedicateing her life work to helping familys deal with loss- and terminally ill patients deal with death) what to say, how to say it, and it will really hit home with you.

I hope you can pick up some books, maybe even at your local library. She has books specifically on looseing a child- and one of my all time favorites (which would be useful to everyone here) is called 'life's lessons'.

Let me know if you have.....

I am saddened when I read your posts- the pain you are in is unimaginable to me.
Love and hope and peace to you Maggie,
Cessy