SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   7 months today:) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/165252-7-months-today.html)

marle 12-27-2008 12:59 PM

7 months today:)

My daughter had to remind me. She has 7 months clean of heroin today. She did slip a couple of times with alcohol but has not done that since Halloween. What she doesn't know is that I don't celebrate months, I celebrate days-one day at a time. I go to bed and thank God everynight for one more clean day for her and for helping me to make it through each one. Hugs and hope, Marle

Impurrfect 12-27-2008 01:25 PM

WOW, that is fantastic!!!

It's amazing how, when you focused on YOUR recovery and let Megan focus on HER life, you both grew by leaps and bounds.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

helpus 12-27-2008 03:01 PM

Marle, Wow, Megan has come a long way. It is wonderful she has 7 months. I am so proud of her. Congratulations to the both of you.

ctrom40 12-27-2008 03:13 PM

Marle,

Congratulation going out to Megan and all the Marles...

Megan's future is looking pretty bright!

:Xmasmstar

Hugs,

laurie6781 12-27-2008 04:21 PM

Way to go Megan!!!!!!!

Yep, she's doing it One Day At A Time.

I'm happy for all of you.

Love and hugs,

notsleepingwell 12-27-2008 04:34 PM

((((Marle))))
Wow...I can't get over the difference in how you sound. Congrats, I'm sooo happy for the both of you!!!
NSW

LynziDee 12-27-2008 04:50 PM

How awesome for your family!!
My RAH (Heroin addict) has almost nine months, I think...I am having a hard time to remember!! I sure don't miss that crazy heroin coma he used to live in....

Your daughter has come a long way and I am proud of her!!

Ann 12-27-2008 04:56 PM

I'm doing the happy dance with you, 7 months is very good and I know how hard she has been trying.

Congratulations to her, but even more so...congratulations to you, Marle. This has been a long road and you are an inspiration and a beacon of hope for so many here, including me.

Hugs

OhBrother 12-27-2008 05:10 PM

That's great to hear.
I know just what you mean about not counting months! I count the week to week she makes her rehab appointments.

greeteachday 12-27-2008 05:15 PM

Wonderful news for both of you. Megan has come a long way...It seems such a short time ago that you were trying not to feel she would never get it. You are both shining in recovery! Thank you for your message of hope..we can (addicts and codies both) recover. :hug:

suemarie 12-27-2008 05:32 PM

Marle, Wow what a wonderful feeling! HP must be working on her. I sure hope she's feeling a whole lot better about herself. My prayers are with your family.

cassandra2 12-27-2008 06:10 PM

That's great marle...Your daughter offers hope to all of us out there that are still struggling with active addicts.....

You must be so proud. May GOD continue to bless you and your family...

bluebelle 12-27-2008 06:34 PM

Congrats to both of you!!

stefanie 12-27-2008 07:31 PM

Oh Marle,
how wonderful is that! What a great way to start the new year.

Aysha 12-27-2008 09:46 PM

I am so happy for you and your daughter Marle...You really helped me understand alot of what I put my grams through when I would read your posts before she was clean.
I am really glad to see this kind of healing and progress.
You and her both deserve it.

YaySartre 12-27-2008 10:30 PM

Marle, that is incredible. Congratulations to you both.

Spiritual Seeker 12-28-2008 12:01 AM

I remember the dark times. I am glad there is light.

We can't predict when, but we keep faith and sometimes the miracle happens.

So happy your daughter is back in your life in a more positive way.

Chino 12-28-2008 08:52 AM

Congrats to your daughter!

Originally Posted by marle (Post 2038440)
What she doesn't know is that I don't celebrate months, I celebrate days-one day at a time. I go to bed and thank God everynight for one more clean day for her and for helping me to make it through each one.

Congrats to you too! That is truly living in the moment and goes beyond addiction.

outtolunch 12-28-2008 08:57 AM

Wonderful news, Marle.

rahsue 12-29-2008 08:08 AM

days, weeks months who cares as long as they're clean, lol

congrats on hers and your recovery going so well