I am hurt because.......how to put it in perspective??

Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Ah Dixied, I went through that too when my sweet little grand daughter was whisked away, every holiday, really made me SOOOoo emotional, especially her birthday. It took me quite a few years to stop buying stuff for her.
I finally gave it all to the Salvation Army.

The worst was, I could absolutely, positively, see where the GF was coming from. She wanted her child to have a better life, and in my opinion, she did what she needed to do at the time. But I've always felt it was unfair to me..(and Mr. Moose).....I only gave BIRTH to my addict son, I didn't create the addiction.

What is...is.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I still am not sure what to do because my ex left 2 months ago abandoned me and my child and promises to "get it together" someday soon, I love his family and will meet them halfway but i cant see letting my ex anywhere near her until he gets help and is stable for a while. I feel your pain but I also worry for the child.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am divorced twice and I have two Sons. One from my first Marriage that had nothing to do with drugs and they have never seen their grandson and he is 21 yrs old. My son from the second marriage has never seen his grandparents for his dad side of the family. I did not have anything to do with that it was their choice.

I am trying to say if you want to see your grandson you have to fight for it. You need to see your grandson.

I am sorry that your son does not think of himself as a good enough parent to tell the truth. If his ex has problem with drugs then she needs the help to. Or she is going to turn your grandson and son against both of you. It is just said when someone that is trying to get his life in order and he is giving up on his son.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Dixie, so very sorry that you are going through this. DIL is being very selfish, how I would have wished to have my mother in my children's life. Our most precious memories are those spent with are grandparents. As for not sending you a picture she has some growing up to do. You have rights as a grandparent and hopefully in time you may gain access to your grandson. So very sad when little ones are used as ploys of anger and resentment. You do in fact have something to celebrate and that is your sons recovery and his new job. I hope you both enjoy your Christmas together.