SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT-need some doggy prayers in this household now... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/164194-ot-need-some-doggy-prayers-household-now.html)

Freedom1990 12-11-2008 02:53 PM

OT-need some doggy prayers in this household now...

Miss Bug was an abandoned dog in a duplex slated to be torn down, and my youngest AD rescued her and brought her home in late August.

She's been very ill at the vet's since last night with a temp of 105. The vet is fairly sure the little darling has never been spayed and has a bad case of closed pyometra (infected uterus) so she will be doing surgery first thing in the morning. She is eating well for them, drinking water, and slathering them with kisses. She's been on IV antibiotics since last night in an attempt to get the fever down.

She has a small knot on her belly that looked just like a scar my pitbull mix girl had from a bad spay job that ended up infected, but the vet said it looks like a very small umbilical hernia. I feel so bad that I assumed that was a scar and that she had been spayed. :(

Good thoughts would be appreciated. I had to drive the 40 miles today to college campus as they were only buying back text books till tomorrow, I hurt my back carrying that heavy load of books (and of course no healthy young student who saw me lugging them offered to help), my head is pounding, and I am going to try my best to relax tonight, turn it over to God, and have faith that Miss Bug will be okay.

Here she is nestled up with her best bud, Dandy Randy, my 85 pound greyhound. She sticks to him like white on rice.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...dysleeping.jpg

Impurrfect 12-11-2008 03:03 PM

(((DeVon)))

Big hugs and prayers to Miss Bug!!! It sounds good that she is eating, drinking, and slathering them with kisses. Please keep us posted...our furbabies are also a part of our SR family!

Hope your back feels better soon!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

BayAreaPhoenix 12-11-2008 03:55 PM

Big big hugs to you, Miss Bug and her brothers and sisters! Will be sending up lots of prayers - She's a lucky girl to have found such a good home - sounds like she fits right in and is a welcome addition to a loving family!

Sorry about your back, on top of your day. Just talking about teen-agers and young adults today. I know their brains aren't finished developing, but WTF - no manners??? Hopefully a heating pad and cup of tea will do the trick!

Please let us know about Miss Bug, and take care of you!

marle 12-11-2008 03:55 PM

Sending mega prayers your way for Miss Bug. What a cute name. I once had a dog that I called June Bug. He was my best baby. I sure hope that Miss Bug recovers fully from her illness. I always think it is a good sign when they continue to eat. Hugs, Marle

Freedom1990 12-11-2008 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by BayAreaPhoenix (Post 2020211)
Sorry about your back, on top of your day. Just talking about teen-agers and young adults today. I know their brains aren't finished developing, but WTF - no manners??? Hopefully a heating pad and cup of tea will do the trick!

I think it was end of semester frenzy to be honest, today. This was finals week, and then classes don't start again until the 12th of January. Last time I was on campus to pick up my books, I ran into a lot of very friendly young people and non-traditional students.

My heating pad finally went belly-up, so I settled for a nice long hot shower, and that eased up some of the muscle spasms. :)

I miss having Miss Bug bouncing around this house like a jack rabbit! She gives a whole new definition to the canine version of the energizer bunny! :lmao

BayAreaPhoenix 12-11-2008 04:27 PM

Good to hear the "no manners" was hopefully circumstantial!!!! I don't know tho... I have 4 teenage (17-21) nephews, and I have to say - I want to do those head-smacks (like on NCIS) a lot!!!! but, I love them and they're perfect, of course ;).

Glad the shower worked! I'm sure Miss Bug is missing all of you too!

Ann 12-11-2008 05:23 PM

Miss Bug is a real cutie!!! My doggy prayers are going out for her, and it sounds like she is in good hands already.

Hugs from me and my Toby

Alaia 12-11-2008 05:35 PM

Prayers for Miss Bug

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/6...io7etjpgjb.gif

CarolD 12-11-2008 06:01 PM

Miss Bug looks healthy in her picture...that will be in
her favor as she recovers from her surgery.

Gentle Hugs to both of you..:hug::hug:
and double healing prayers too.

Just a thought ...my friend Sharon was thrilled when 2
young men stopped and offered assistance moving in her new place.

Sharon went up the steps to open the door
the guys drove off in the U-Haul.

HurtingDad 12-11-2008 06:04 PM

I agree - Miss Bugs found the right home.

Best wishes to all and that cute dog.

jerect 12-11-2008 07:28 PM

Sending Doggy prayers to Miss Bugs

mooselips 12-11-2008 07:53 PM

Puppy prayers for Miss Bug...

Hope she's feeling better in a couple days.
She sure is cute as a button...

I love dogs!

greeteachday 12-11-2008 09:39 PM

Lots of healing prayers for you and Miss Bugs...I so enjoy the pics of all your fine critters. I know your pup will do well. Hope your back heals quickly too!
Thanks for the beautiful pics.

I'm done with it 12-12-2008 12:04 AM

Loving thoughts to Miss Bug and all our furbabies. They know what we go thru and don't judge. I love my dogs!

I hope she does great.

sleepygoat 12-12-2008 01:35 AM

Prayers wafting west from New Jersey....
That dog sounds like a keeper, and I hope she will be back home soon.

GwenMarie30 12-12-2008 07:45 AM

Pryers for you and your Mis Bug. Hope the surgery went well. Hope your back feels better today.

ANGELINA243 12-12-2008 07:57 AM

Praying for a speedy recovery...sounds like Miss Bug is in good hands. :wink:

Freedom1990 12-12-2008 08:44 AM

Miss Bug is in surgery now. I am to call after lunch to check on her. I'm trying really hard not to worry!

Momsrainbow 12-12-2008 08:44 AM

More doggie prayers from Ar. Love the name Miss Bug. I call my lab/rot Lady Bug-she loves to smell the flowers.

Miss Bug is a lucky dog to have been able to come into your life and you in hers.

Freedom1990 12-12-2008 08:50 AM

Here's another picture of my little Miss Bug. She likes to steal my computer chair! I pray she's going to be okay! I miss having her crawl under my blanket at night!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ssbugchair.jpg