SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   addiction strikes again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/164121-addiction-strikes-again.html)

Impurrfect 12-10-2008 03:32 PM

addiction strikes again

my stepmom has always abused pain meds. She has legit pain, but she really, really likes to be numb or knocked out. I had a sneaking suspicion she had taken my seroquel, which I've been given for sleep after the robbery.

My dad just got a collect call, from jail. It's my stepmom. He couldn't accept it on his cell phone, and we have no idea where she is. We've called all the local jails and can't find her. My niece, Brit, who we are raising, has just informed me of how bad my stepmom has really gotten...drove into a wall at a restaurant, and Brit and her best friend got out of the car and refused to ride with her...they called the best friend's mom.

Dad has been in denial, and Brit just told him everything. The tension here is palpable. Throw a few prayers our way, if you can.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Rowan 12-10-2008 03:40 PM

Sending prayers for your family, (((Amy)))

peaceteach 12-10-2008 04:17 PM

Hang tough, Amy. But first and foremost, take care of YOU first :)

cassandra2 12-10-2008 05:09 PM

Oh Amy I am so sorry to hear that that has happened to your family....

Sending your prayers. Please stay strong in this......

Impurrfect 12-10-2008 05:12 PM

We finally found out what jail she's in, and dad just got back. It's something about drug fraud and there is no bond. She's been getting pills from a friend, and that friend gets pills from other people, so who knows? We have no idea where the car is. Dad had to leave a message for her to call the house phone collect...I'm guessing she's too messed up to remember the phone number.

I've spent the last hour, talking to Brit. Her dad is an addict and she just said "I can't believe this...she's turning into my dad". She's furious, but also terrified of losing her grandmother. Money is extremely tight and dad just told Brit there will be no Christmas.

I'm angry, but I also understand addiction. I am taking care of me...been e-mailing Anvil since this happened, who is a HUGE source of support.

I had highly recommended, to dad, that he leave her in jail tonight..he wasn't even given a choice. He's been talking to the friend's husband, who hasn't heard from his wife.

This is really a mess, but I am very grateful that I am here for my dad and Brit, right now. My stepmom has never wanted to hear what I had to say, but maybe she will listen after this?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

bluebelle 12-10-2008 05:16 PM

I'm sending prayers your way!

cmc 12-10-2008 05:18 PM

Sorry for this news.
Sending prayers and support from me to you and your family.
(((Amy)))

blue pansy 12-10-2008 05:43 PM

(((((Amy))))))
I'm sorry your family is going through this.
You just can't catch a break can you?
Prayers going out .........
Blue

BBD 12-10-2008 05:52 PM

I'm sorry your having to face such saddness right now Amy. Prayers for your dad and family and you hang tight there sweety~~take care of yourself. Things have a way of working out but I don't have to tell you that...Hugs, Bonnie

Impurrfect 12-10-2008 06:17 PM

Thanks everyone!

Stepmom just called. The friend had given her a prescription to fill, and it was no good. She will have the same charge I had..obtaining controlled substances by fraudulent means. How odd is that? No one has heard from her friend.

She has court tomorrow and told dad he had to be there. He might have a job, and told her he would be there unless this job comes through, but the job is his priority...good for him!

Brit and I just found 2 pill bottles under the cushion of the couch..the pills were not what the bottle labels said. The pills have been flushed.

It's going to get ugly around here, but I'm going to stay in MY hula hoop and keep my serenity as best I can. I remember the 3 c's, and, luckily, I have work to do for dad, so have something to keep me busy.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

cassandra2 12-10-2008 06:23 PM

I try to see the silver lining in this dark cloud Amy and thats YOU. I know how supportive you have been to me so I can imagine how lucky your dad and niece are to have you there. It helps to see the path from both sides for me atleast. It doesnt hurt as much because you have a better understanding of addiction.....

Prayers again to you and your family. Let us know what happens. Especially your dad and his new job....

Done_With_It 12-10-2008 06:28 PM

****{Amy}}}

I'm sorry about your step mom. I'm glad you are hanging strong.
Your a godsend for Britt.....

Ann 12-10-2008 06:33 PM

I hope this is maybe a wake-up call for her, Amy, and that she can learn from this and move forward.

I'm sorry you're involved, but I think Brit is very blessed to have you there.

Hugs

lostparent 12-10-2008 06:43 PM

Just wanted to add my prayers for all of you.

ctrom40 12-10-2008 07:06 PM

Amy,

I am so sorry that this is happening to you and your family.

I think that Britt is so very lucky to have you to look up to.

Hugs,

marle 12-10-2008 07:10 PM

Amy, Your step-mom has you as a model. She has seen you get clean and knows that it can be done. Sending prayers your way. Hugs, Marle

Chino 12-10-2008 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Impurrfect (Post 2019022)
It's going to get ugly around here, but I'm going to stay in MY hula hoop and keep my serenity as best I can. I remember the 3 c's, and, luckily, I have work to do for dad, so have something to keep me busy.

And away from her, should she get to come home soon while deep in the throes of withdrawals. Amy, please have an escape plan ready for you and your niece, even if it's only for a day. Your family has my thoughts and prayers.

BayAreaPhoenix 12-10-2008 08:39 PM

(((Amy)))

The road you have travelled is serving you well, and will be a beacon of light for others to follow!

Prayers to you and your family!

mellowchick 12-10-2008 11:07 PM

Amy,
I don't know your history but I'm definatley sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. Take care of yourself and stay strong. Try not to get too overwhelmed with all of this and don't lose your focus. I'm so sorry your family is going through all this.