Blogs

Notices

addiction strikes again

Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hugs and Prayers!!!!!!!!! So sorry you and your family are going through this trying time. STAY the strong lady you are.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sending you and your family strength at this trying time Amy. I think that is the same charge I had also. Pill addiction is so tricky especially when real pain is involved. But we CAN recover! I am proud of you for being able to be a roll model to your smom. Much love to ya sister!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and Brit..... How fortunate you have eachother to balance the chaos.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

[hug]

I hate it when stuff like this blows up, especially at Christmas.

Good luck.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm a little lost for words except to say dont let this derail you - seperate yourself from her problems.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

just sending hugs
Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh Amy, I am just now seeing this! You just keep taking care of you, okay? :ghug :ghug
Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

as always, you all have given me much comfort.

I did not work today, as have been trying to help dad find the deed to the house, and get some other things straightened out. He found out, this morning, that his account was overdrawn, had to wipe out his savings to cover it, and now can't pay the car payment.

He was finally able to talk to my stepmom. The friend has the car, and apparently has the ATM card, but don't know how she got the PIN number. Dad had to get the deed from the courthouse and is on his way home. We are reporting the car stolen, as well as the ATM card. The friend's husband has not heard from her.

Have learned a lot, during this time. This very same friend used to do meth with my stepbrother, when he was strung out on it. Brit found pill bottles, and I flushed the contents (yeah ME!!)

Well, just found out dad just has to eat the charges on the ATM card because stepmom had to give her the pin number.

I know it's going to get nasty, and I will get Brit out of here to her friend's house. I will admit that I want to be numb, but I can't and won't do that. What I CAN do is hang out on SR all day

I really appreciate you all, and I am taking care of me. Got one of my fubabies snuggled up next to me, and will hibernate in my room all day if I have to.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-11-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Amy,

amazing how crazy it looks from the other side?? Take care of you first, step mom will learn as you did.

Prayers for you and yours, especially Brit!
susan
Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

well, it just keeps getting worse. Dad is on his way to get stepmom out. Apparently, she told the cop her friend could drive the car, last night, when she was arrested, so he can't report it stolen until tomorrow. Stepmom's purse was in the car, which means so were her credit cards. She has already wiped out his bank account, now if he has to cancel all the credit cards, he has no money available until new cards come in.

I know my dad and I have our arguments, but this is tearing my heart apart right now. Seeing my stepmom in a jail jumpsuit, shackles and chains wasn't easy, either. Even the cop who arrested her, said she was just the "patsy" for her friend. It still doesn't negate the fact that she has a problem.

I am very grateful for my recovery..especially my codie recovery. I am actually quite calm, and that is nothing short of miraculous. To be honest, though, I think I'm just numb.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Prayers to you Amy...So sorry that the saga continues.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Stepmom is home. She was a wreck, and filled with self-hatred. I see me in her. She is going through withdrawals, and feels like crap. Dad was angry at first, but he has calmed down a lot.

We have the car back, dad is reporting several of the credit cards stolen, giving them the friend's name. Luckily, she was denied several transactions, trying to get $200 cash off the cards.

I bought the whole family some fast food home for dinner. I suddenly realized how grateful I was for so many things...my stepmom is alive, and is asking for my help; I've been able to help my dad and Brit through all of this, without getting back into my codie mode; I knew who to reach out to for support, and, as always, that support was there; even though I wanted to be numb, I didn't act on that thought.

Before I found SR and started working on my codie-ness, my head would have been spinning around like the exorcist, and I would be literally sick with worry. Yes, it is very different being on THIS side, but I am grateful to all of you, that you have taught me what it's like on the other side.

I do have a front row seat, as financially, I have to live here. But I do have a door to my bedroom, and I know how to shut it. My laptop and SR are in my room, and I know how to hibernate

I know this is not over, but at least tonight, I feel grateful.

Thank you all!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Let's hope she is mandated to treatment and gets all the help she is entitled too. I really believe that with each crisis an addict goes thru, there is another opportunity to surrender and seek recovery. Could be a Christmas miracle in a way... ya never know. I know you already know all the codie rules (eaiser said than done) - so all that's left is prayer and trusting God
Old 12-12-2008, 04:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Amy, I do admire your strength...

When things get tough in my life and here lately there have been some really tough moments... I think about you and all that you have been through and how you don't let it break you... So I have been trying to model my behavior after you.. Instead of worrying and letting my Codependence take over my life I ask myself, OK, What would Amy do? She would reach out for support, work her program the best she could and would let go and Let God.... Your right, it feels better to be on this side of the fence.. No matter how crazy life gets.

Thank You for your posts and your strength... You have made a difference in my life and I'm sure countless others on SR.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Amy - your dad needs to fight the bank on all of the charges. How does the bank know that she didnt just see your stepmom using the code and then stole it. Also check on all of the charges - it may be harder to proove ATM withdrawals but anything used on credit is credit card fraud because she is not the card holder. Banks are notorious for fighting these things so he may have to push them.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My AyI am so ory things have been goingon I feel like such a bad friend right now.....already called am praying all is alright sending you miles of love!!!!

Love,
Pamm and Edward
Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks again!

((Winnie)) - I just told dad what you said. It's actually kind of funny...if I tell him "one of my recovery friends said...." he listens I think he's realized that no matter what situation comes up, I always find someone here who's been through something similar and has some ES&H.

((Jerect)) - you brought a big smile to my face. I've always believed that we go through things for a reason, even if we don't see it at the time. I've pretty much decided that I've gone through what I did, so I could meet some wonderful friends and maybe my ES&H would help them.

Hugs and prayers and lots of thanks!

Amy
Old 12-12-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

((Pamm)) - just pm'd ya!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Okay, finally some good news. Police report has been filed, credit cards have been reported stolen, and dad pushed the credit union (thanks Winnie)...he got back his $2200, but they told him he can never have another ATM card. They said he can appeal, and he will, because he does need the ATM as he's on the road a lot.

He's been with them over 30 years, but he told them if they hold strong on the "no ATM" thing, he will change to another bank.

Stepmom is craving pills, I'm on my way to work and grateful for my job, tonight.

Thanks for all your prayers...as usual, they worked

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-13-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good Morning Amy,

You are such an inspiration!

I can't even find the words to express just how proud I am of you, and how you are handeling this situation and all the other stuff that has happened to you in the last few months...

Please be gentle with yourself ..... remember you are human

:ghug3