SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   They can be so manipulative (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/164102-they-can-so-manipulative.html)

katie44 12-10-2008 10:04 AM

They can be so manipulative

Can you believe AS is not in jail, they realized him the next morning. The officer called me to say " what a lovely, honest, well kept young man he is" She also believes he is telling the truth. He does have a court date set so I will have to testify that I saw him steal the vehicle. As for the credit cards, ID and sentimental bracelet, he claims he left my purse in some bar and when he went back to get it it was empty. Police have identified the two girls on Video using my card. When I spoke to the officer yesterday she said they were putting survelliance on the one girl trying to catch her for identitity fraud. So this girl has my birth certificate , social Insurance number , and drivers licence. How nice!!!!! AS calls me today and says" ya I just got in from a big party bash last nite drank all nite" Next thing out of his mouth is he has no food, he had enough to drink with and probably buy crack, the he says
how nice the cop was and he can probably beat the stolen vehicle charge. I'm so sorry to vent again, just very upset that these addicts are running around with my ID what a violation, and AS doesnt seem to have a care in the world plus they have my cell phone with all my personal numbers and my home address. I hung up the phone on AS and put him on call block. This cop was very young obviously not been on the force too long and does not know how manipulative addict can be. Maybe its a good thing I am still angry.

Chino 12-10-2008 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by katie44 (Post 2018428)
I hung up the phone on AS and put him on call block.

Good for you! While reading about your horrible circumstances it seemed to me like your son is blatantly taunting you with calls like that.

hello-kitty 12-10-2008 11:00 AM

The officer called me to say " what a lovely, honest, well kept young man he is" She also believes he is telling the truth.
Wow. I just find that so inappropriate! You are a crime victim and she is taking sides. That seems criminal to me. The officer doesn't really know your son from Adam.

winnie12 12-10-2008 11:57 AM

I agree with Kitty - that is unacceptable for an officer to call a victim and say that. what does she say to the date-rape victim - gee you sure were lucky to get a date with him. uggg. if you feel like calling and complaining to her supervisor i sure wouldnt blame you. your son probably gave them some story about he was just borrowing mom's car and mom over-reacted. he's playing his game but i assure you that it will catch up with him - it always does. i had to call many times before the police understood. now they hear the call to our address and know he's up to something again. i doubt the judge will be as compassionate with him. to the judge theft is theft. I also agree that your son is taunting you - mine does that all the time. have you considered no contact for a while just to keep your sanity?

hello-kitty 12-10-2008 12:06 PM

Yes this would be a great time to file a restraining order...