Hard Night

Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Hard Night

Ok so my ex afiancee is still on my mind. I am trying to avoid his moms calls now because she thinks we are the save all if we just come down there to live with him~yeah right...As the holidays approach I am filled with grief over losing a relationship that was crappy but still the loss is hard. I need some encouraging words...I know I am grieving a loser...why am I grieving still after a month...any advice?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The grief from a relationship is no different than the grief from a death. You are grieving a loss. It may not be a physical death - but a loss is a loss. It's the death of a relationship and the death of the hopes you had. You are allowed to grieve. And there is no set time on when the grieving should stop.

I've been with my bf for almost 9 years now. he lives with me in my father's house and at 3:10 am while he is in his 2nd attempt at detox, I'm wondering why I allowed it to get this far. I love him, as I'm sure that there were good times in your relationship. But now I'm realizing that I love myself more and that is where the confusion comes in for me.

If you feel that deep down you made the right choice for yourself, than that is the right choice. It will hurt. Ride with it and it will pass.

Give yourself a few days to mope around and mourn... grieving is good.

((hugs))
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It takes time to heal wounds. You might feel better next month, you might not. The holidays always make things a little harder, it hurts a little more to be alone at this time of year. Do something nice for yourself. Maybe go get a massage or your nails and hair done (that always makes me feel a lil better) and ice cream solves all problems (just kidding!) Try to remind yourself that deserve better and choosing to get out of a crappy relationship is putting yourself first. Don't settle for anything less.