tooo Long

Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
live 2 love, love 2 live

tooo Long

wow it has been almost a year since the last time I even looked at this site. but I should of been using the site for the last year because NOT a lot has changed I'm still listening to the same old song and dance from my husband I even caught him cheating so not only do I have a drug and alcoholic husband i even have a cheater. (wow) and I still find myself trying to help him and for the life of me I can't figure it out on why I do this. all we do is fight he calls me controlling I call him many things I'm not even sure if I love him I'm so confused I try and make my kids happy, him happy, and me not happy and I dont know why i dont want to make me happy. I have tryed to go to Alon and I relay didn't give it a shot because i only went one time but felt uncombable there not sure why.

I looked up divorce on line the other day and started to fill in all the info and then I stopped not sure why on that either. wow I'm not sure on a lot of things maybe he is right maybe i am controlling and that is the only way I'm going to be happy. well it is making me very angry righting all this down maybe that's what i need to do is just write so when I read it to make sure it's all spelled right i will see what a fool i am (wow again) well I'm just going on and on sorry but i need to post this so that some one who once was a fool and has no more WOW'S in there story they can help me get them out of my story.

thanks so much
Old 12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Sorry your hurting so much love. Maybe you should try some counciling for yourself...I did that and it sure made me look at life differently. My problem is my son and his cocaine addiction. Hopefully we're on the road to recovery but every day I still worry. Not as much but I sure do love him and want the best, healthy son I can have. Good luck and smiles, Bonnie
Old 12-01-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry this is so hard for you. Just remember you need to take care of YOU! Find a meeting, go out with some friends, or go see a therapist. Do some things for YOU!

Hope you're feeling better soon!!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Love,
Maybe this is the beginning of you starting to take care of yourself?
I would suggest trying out Alanon again. They say that you should try at least 6 meetings before making a decision about whether it is right for you.
Welcome back!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by love2store View Post
.... and I still find myself trying to help him and for the life of me I can't figure it out on why I do this. all we do is fight he calls me controlling I call him many things I'm not even sure if I love him I'm so confused I try and make my kids happy, him happy, and me not happy and I dont know why i dont want to make me happy. I have tryed to go to Alon and I relay didn't give it a shot because i only went one time but felt uncombable there not sure why.
(((love2store))) Welcome back! I joined while you were away but wanted to tell you I have felt so many of those same things. I'm making progress -- slow maybe, but I'm doing the best I can and doing more for me now.

I heard this when I first joined and it really helped me feel better about myself so I'm passing it on:

"Maybe I should try to not be so hard on myself and realize I am not perfect.....no one is."

honey, you have no reason to feel guilty. why be hard on yourself? this is not your fault. you are not the addict & you are not doing anything wrong. keep reading. you do not have to make a decision today. make boundries for you & your home. when you make them just make sure you are ready to enforce them.
I decided I wasn't going to let someone else tell me to stay or go. I had to decide for myself. You said you don't want to live like that. You don't have to! You also don't have to make any decisions right this second. Glad you're here! Keep coming back!
Don't worry yet about whether you are strong enough to walk out or about the house, or all those big questions, take it easy, take a deep breath and read as many useful posts on here as you can...
This is the first day of the rest of your life---but it's just the first day!! so take it easy!
Peace,
B.
This site has helped me so much -- vent as much as you need to. Another thing, it took me a while to find the alanon meeting best suited to me. I really hope you will give it another try -- I don't know where I'd be without my new alanon friends and our weekly visits to the local Mexican food restaurant. Call me crazy, but I love any day I can have chips and salsa

Hope you stick around!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
live 2 love, love 2 live

thanks for all your thought's and I will continue to be around. I have been reading some postings and I felt better today just reading. thanks everyone.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I noticed with both my AS and my Ex - they always said I was controlling. I believed that was a fault in me for a long time and then I realized that I was just trying to control things because they couldnt - I was fighting to keep my family together and safe. My ex is gone (now unemployed and homeless) and my AS is in jail but my personal life is in control - the bills are paid, chores are done, there is no drama, and nothing is hanging over our head. They have both lost everything they cared about - and of course they want me to bail them out of their trouble. The thing that they complained about so much with me is the one thing they want back - now its just too late because I cant go back and its time they learned to take care of themselves. My Ex is a grown man and its time that he learned to take care of himself without me - my son will soon be an adult and its time for him to take the consequences for his actions. I know now i cant control their liives but I can control my own - I set the boundaries and when they crossed - this woman who they both assumed would always be there for them no matter what, was not.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
live 2 love, love 2 live

Thanks your right about the controlling part of it ,my ah only calls me controlling when he is messing up. Very good point.