More understandable now

Old 11-28-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

More understandable now

Hi all,
Well, things are a little bit easier to understand now after the sons spent Thanksgiving at our house.

As for youngest son:
He (30) is suffering from severe prostatitis, (quite painful) and sat for the day with a heating pad on his bottom. He has had this now for about a month, and is on his 3rd week of antibiotics. This is his second bout of this, he had it about 6 months ago. He looks miserable, and sick.

To top it off, the job he was working caused him to strain and that set it all off, according to the Urologist.
Therefore his new boss sid he would cover the deductible, so DON'T file workmans comp, so my son didn't.

He's been trying to work even though he's miserable and work demand has really gone down, and he's only working a couple days a week, and cannot find another job, because of his felony history, and now the Boss says he's not sure the injury was caused by work...blah, blah blah. he needs a Dr. note, but Dr. out of town until Dec. 6th.
Then Bosses secretary called and said we are going to have to let you go!

So, looking as ill as he has, plus being short tempered, myself, along with his GF thought perhaps he was using again. She asked him to do a drug test, he did, it was negative. So...it must be from all the stress he is under.
He had a long chat with his GF and said he doesn't want to be a burden to her, with not being able to find a job, and his being sick.

Meanwhile oldest son, (35) is sober, his pregnant GF spent the day at her moms, so she wasn't here. He was perpetually happy all day, as usual...he has a wonderful laugh and is fun to be around when he's sober. AND he looked good.
Can't find a job either, due to his felonies, and the employment rate, doesn't help.

That's the news to catch everyone up.
I'm really worried about the heath of the youngest, and praying alot.
I advised him, (as a nurse) to return to the Urologist, but he said the Urologist said it would be at least 3 weeks before he is feeling better, and plus he cannot afford the $45.00 deductible.

Good grief, life is hard enough without a felony to compound the challenge of everyday life.

Soory this is so long, but it sure feels good to get it out knowing someone can understand exactly how I'm feeling.

Hugs...and hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Like I felt yesterday about my daughter, thank God your boys are clean. We all know that being clean does not take away the pain of living life on life's terms. I am just glad that you got to have a good Thanksgiving with your boys. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-28-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

((((((Moose)))))))

Can your youngest son go the the ER? I think by law they have to treat him even if he does not have the money to pay for the visit..

The health care system in this country frustrates me to no end so I wont even get started on that one..

I'm glad your boys are clean and I'm praying that they both find good jobs soon..
Old 11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Moose)))

I'm glad you got to spend the day with both your boys, and how great that they are both clean!!!

I totally understand about the jobs, medical issues and felonies! My record still shows a felony (it's incorrect). I called my lawyer to remind him to be working on that, he said I need to come and knock him upside the head to remind him, and I told him I'd be glad to

It is frustrating, when we're trying, and our past keeps smacking us in the face, but hopefully the economy will eventually turn around. I also think the more time we put in between us and the charges, the less of an impact they will have (at least I hope so).

I hope the youngest Moose gets to feeling better soon. I'm not sure, but I think if his dr. will write a note, saying the problem is related to work, he can STILL file a workman's comp injury, even though he's been getting treated for it by his regular dr. I've been seen by both my dr. and workman's comp dr's since the robbery, because workman's comp wouldn't address some of my issues, and have had no problems.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-28-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God Bless you for being able to be with your boys while they are struggling.

I know the fear of seeing my addict go down the road ending with a felony conviction and now to watch her struggle to make it back to some type of happy life. It is a very long journey with a lot of twists and turns. My niece spent thanksgiving in jail and at least I was thankful to see her fed, warm, sober and lucid.

The other day it hit me how life is a series of challenges - there is no such thing as "once and done" - prayers that you and your sons (and all of us, really) are able to meet today's challenges and be strengthened for tomorrow's.

Happy thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

moose, I'm happy your family was together!

I really hope your son doesn't have to take his employer to court. I had a workman's comp claim when I was 18, surgery was required, and my job fought paying for it. It was two years of hell before it was settled and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. If he runs into any more roadblocks, finding an attorney ASAP might be a good idea.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

He is following with a Urologist, and he went to the E.R. when it all first started.

He still has hospitalization only for the rest of the month most likely, since I'm sure he's lost the job.

It's a shame to see them beaten down when they are truly trying.

And you know how us moms have a tendency to worry, even when it's NOT during active addiction.

He won't have any money to get a lawyer, he's going to be lucky if he can make his car payment.

Hugs, and thanks all.....

You always make me feel better about everything.....
Old 11-28-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Moose, I'm glad you had a great day with the boys. We can really celebrate some soberity you and I. It's too bad your one son is suffering but hopefully things work out in his favor. It's so bad that insurance and health have to go hand in hand...drives me batty. I wish they had more clinics around here like they do out west. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 11-28-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

moose, if the employer balks at paying the bills your son will be responsible for them. With stuff like that attorney's usually work on a contingency fee basis and your son won't have to pay a dime.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Thanks Chino, I'll pass that on to my son.
I'm going to ask him if he thinks reporting it
to Workmans comp would be a good idea.

Otherwise he'll get stuck with the E.R. cost and all the deductibles.

Ye Gads
Old 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((Moose))

I agree with Chino...I was told if I went to a workman's comp lawyer, it would be on a contingency case, and I wouldn't have to pay any money up front.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-28-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Moose, I'm so glad your day went well and your boys were there in good shape. Hope the sick fella is feeling better soon, that sounds just awful.

Big Hugs for all the Mooseclan :ghug
Old 11-28-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To Life!

Good luck to your son, Moose!

I''m glad they are both clean and sober, and that you had them both over for Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for there!

Praying that life gets better for all of you. :ghug

Shlom!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Another thought: all hospitals that I know of offer charity care to those that qualify. If he is unemployed he may qualify, though they may also take into consideration total year's earnings. All it takes is a brief appointment with whoever handles that in the hospital. Once you have charity care at a hospital, everything the hospital offers is free for a year from date its approved.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Diane, Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving with your family. It stinks when they are doing the right thing & trying so hard to have a felony from the past dragging them down. It seems so unfair as people who have done alot worse get jobs they shouldn't gave by these standards. Look at the people in Gov't, white collar crimes & they get jobs they should never have. Ayers is allowed to teach at a college after all those bombs he was responsible for. Makes me sick.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you had the holiday with both your sons - and so sorry to hear about the Moose sons' problems with getting a job and the health stuff. Makes a mother worry - I know all about that. I guess it just goes with the territory. The good new is that as long as they aren't using, they have a chance. And as long as we are in recovery, we can be part of the solution and listen and love them. And I know that God has the plan - but sometimes I just wish I knew what it was. Would make it easier to wait.

Love in recovery,
Jody

Old 11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Moosie,

Glad to hear you were able to have some time with your sons... and sorry to hear about young moose's health issue. It's so hard to let things unfold sometimes, but his HP is watching over all this stuff.

Mom hugs... I know how hard this is.

Cats
Old 11-29-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a special day with your sons...I'm sorry they are both struggling. I've found it is usually when the going is the toughest that the miracle is right around the corner. Sure hope it is the same for the "little" Moose.