somethings gotta give

Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy somethings gotta give

So things have been going good. Ex-abf hasn't called me @ work in a few days. I open a bill today only to find out he stole my mobil gas card and racked up almost $700 in charges. I check my wallet and sure enough, it's gone. Just when I thought everything was over...I get another surprise. Now I gotta file more charges at the pd. I called and had my card changed and have to fill out fraud paperwork. I can't handle much more. It's like every week I find something else out. I just want it all to stop.:wtf2
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

It's going to be alright, honest.

Maybe take some time, and go to the bank and get a 'new' debit card, change checking and savings account numbers etc after you have filed the new 'fraud' paperwork with the PD. That way you can show the bank 'why' you want these changes done, as a 'precautionary' measure.

Go through and do the same with any and all charge cards you have, so that the current cards become null and void.

CYA my dear.

Then you will be truly out of it and these aftermaths will be totally in the hands of the authorities.

Now, go have a great Thanksgiving being 'good to YOU!"

Love and hugs,
Old 11-26-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alaia, one of the first things I did when I left my AH was protect myself against any and all things that my AH could do. I've learned the hard way - never be surprised about what an addict will do.

I started with a list of everything that involved money or credit and then had a new card issued to me. I changed access/pin numbers. Fortunately we had separate banking accounts and no joint credit cards.

I changed my password on my email account so he couldn't access those

I forwarded my mail to a post office box for the first few months

My new phone number is not in my married name and it's unlisted, voice mail has a totally different access code then I have ever used before

I told my friends not to give him any information on me or my whereabouts

I discussed my situation with my employer and asked that no calls from him be passed thru to me

I live out in the middle of nowhere but I did talk to my neighbors about my situation and asked them if they ever saw anyone on my property to call the police immediately

I installed a security system in my house with a camera

I filed for divorce, now just have to wait until the waiting period is over

In short I believe I've done everything to protect myself. If he ever did anything that could cause me harm, I'd be on the phone to the police and anyone else who could help.

Hope that helps, K.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

File those charges! The tougher you are, the faster this will all be over. (((hugs)))
Old 11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great list. The steps I took to protect my sanity are:

I moved into a security building.

I changed my phone number.

I changed my locks.

I canceled my credit cards and debit card.

I told my neighbors to call the police if they saw him.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just realized this week that the electric knife ( for the blasted turkey) was gone. It goes on the never ending list of things that were stolen from us July-Novemebr, 2007. ( We ignored all holidays last year).

Imagine being so desperate to steal a used electronic knife.

My AD did and could do it again. It's just stuff. MY AD lost something more valuable.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I changed my phone, bank accounts and debit cards already. My gas card was in with my store cards (supermarket and movie accounts) so I didn't notice it was missing.

I am going to the pd after work. The cc co is sending me fraud forms and a new card.

Thank you all for your advice. :ghug3
Old 11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
rozied

OMG That is awful. I remember once when my ex got a hold of my credit cars. He racked up $7,000 worth of charges. Buying stuff then selling it at half price and he would gamble with the money. I never had to pay it, I claimed it was stolen and it was. I never even knew never mind give permission.
I pray the " surprises stop soon"
Diane