SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Another World (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/162292-another-world.html)

katie44 11-17-2008 11:32 AM

Another World

AS has really gotten himself in deeper then he thought. He had a so called friend an experienced drug dealer who is old enough to be his mother. Turns out her home was raided 3 months ago and she is in jail. Her boyfriend was in prison for manslaughter at the time, so she asks my son to put him up when he gets out. Of course the nice idiot he is does. He now has this man living in his bachelor apartment. AS really doesnt like it but not much he can do, he is supposed to be gone next month. Ive never seen anything like it, half the city is in fear of this guy. I guess his occupation is a collector of somewhat. What boggles my mind is this guy is on parole however he is allowed to drink and do as he pleases. The whole drug thing is corruption, I wouldnt have believed it had AS not become an addict. Cant he see he is just being used, these people are far more experienced in life ( the drug life) this thug wouldnt think twice about injuring or robbing anyone. Whats really strange is he has a cop friend who takes him out for lunch.
last week AS had canine dogs in his house. I really fear for him and his future, he tells me not to worry these people are cool. I know I just have to hand it over to HP but it is so hard. As for our canadian laws they really stink when it comes to the drug dealers. Somedays I wonder will it ever end. Work is still on the verge of bankruptcy, same with the house. I would just like to curl up and sleep for a month. Sorry just a bad day.

Chino 11-17-2008 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by katie44 (Post 1987125)
I know I just have to hand it over to HP but it is so hard.

If it's bearable then you might have already. If it isn't, then I pray it is soon and you find serenity.

marle 11-17-2008 02:32 PM

Sending some hugs. I have told my daughter that the drug world reminds me of a bad episode of Jerry Springer. It is not something that I ever had in mind for my nice, sweet, reserved little daughter. But it is what it is and we can only control the person who looks back at us from the mirror. The rest we give to God. You just never know how someday this may be something that helps your son find recovery. Hugs, Marle

Neverwanted 11-17-2008 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by marle (Post 1987220)
Sending some hugs. I have told my daughter that the drug world reminds me of a bad episode of Jerry Springer. It is not something that I ever had in mind for my nice, sweet, reserved little daughter. But it is what it is and we can only control the person who looks back at us from the mirror. The rest we give to God. You just never know how someday this may be something that helps your son find recovery. Hugs, Marle

Marle when my xaf cheated on me and the woman killed herself, I later said I cant live like an episode of Jerry Springer. He started screaming at me saying I was calling him white trash. SHAKIN HEAD

winnie12 11-17-2008 03:19 PM

I cannot tell you how many times i've told my AS that i cannot live like white trash. I'm not a prude by any means but I was not raised this way and it is so hard for me and my family to deal with the low life drama that's involved in our lives. What i have found in life is that the more you are around something the more "normal" it seems. If we surround ourselves with positive things/people then that is what is normal to us but if we surround ourselves with negative things/people then the negative seems normal and we fool ourselves into thinking that everyone lives that way.

I'll pray that your son's new roommate leaves very soon for greener pastures. Until then, just surround yourself with positive thoughts and people.