Really hard day

Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Really hard day

Today I worked my ass off got home and baby has been crying off and on with colic...I am so drained and hes in his hometown partying...I feel so abandoned and sad and lonely...I can't take this lonliness it makes me so desperate and needy...I want to avoid talking to him but I am so lonely...what should i do
Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you called him, and he was partying how would you feel? If you call him, and he's too far away to help, if he would, how would you feel?

Lonliness, desperation and neediness ... is that why you want to reach out to someone?

It's a hard long day. Sending you big hugs. Hoping you are able to find a few moments of peace to take a few deep breaths and remember why, even a tough day alone with one kid is easier than a tough day with someone who's not really there.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Think it through....I know I was vulnerable and tempted to call AH many times before, and many times I did, only to feel worse. If you are truly trying to detach becareful when tempted to call him. Come here as you did....call a friend....alanon member....anything. I often call the domestic violence hotline in my area. It helps me not call him. This too shall pass (((whereami)))....it will get easier.

I hope the baby feels better. Colic is difficult. The Johnson and Johnson lavender and chamomile baby bath helps a lot for a colicy baby.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you've had a rough day.

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-07-2008, 04:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hon... hope things look better this morning. Kids are our greatest gift and perhaps our greatest challenge. The words above say it... a day alone with your child, despite the being lonely, is better than being with someone who is really not there. You are strong and a good Mom... hang-on and know that we are here for you.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just an observation of something i've noticed here from reading everyone's posts. It seems that we are more lonely when we are supposed to have someone in our life and they are not around then when we have no one in our life and we are alone. My humble opinion is that our mind/heart feels that we have a partner to lean on so when we need them and they arent there for us the lonliness is more noticeable - almost like a pain mechanism to tell us something is wrong. When no one is supposed to be there with us we dont feel like something is missing so its not as hard.

I do remember those days and my heart goes out for you. It is so hard, you are so tired of juggling everything alone and there's not much time to give anything to yourself. But it is worth it - for me knowing that I raised my children through so many adversities is probably the most greatest accomplishment of my life. Looking back I know that there isnt much life can throw at me that I cant handle. Just keep your head up and continue being the great mom that you are.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You and your baby are in my heart and prayers. Tomorrow will be better....
Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lovers come and lovers go, but your child will always be your child. I went through a similar situation as a single father and it was very hard doing it all alone. My son today looks to me for his strength and so its okay today. I trust that my God of my understanding will never abandon me as I will never abandon my child or despair knowing that this too shall pass.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He cannot give you what you want or need in relationship. An addicts first love is drugs and partying. Kids and baby-moms come way way way down the list of importance. Once I came to accept that fact, I was well on my way to recovery and a sense of peace took hold of my life (relative peace).

(((hugs))) You are doing what it takes to raise a beautiful healthy little girl all on your own. She is going to be so greatful for you when she gets older. I doubt you'll have anytime for her fathers BS. It's just hard when they are little. It's hard when they are bigger too. But the rewards are great.

Take care of yourself sweetie. Peace and serenity come from within. And the unconditional love of a child is worth it all.