The unbelieveable nightmare

Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

The unbelieveable nightmare

My newest granddaughter is due in 6 weeks. This new babies parent's are wonderful, they actually have my six month old grandson from my AS and his GF, court ordered because of his addictive status when he was born.

So,one of my responsible son's and his wife will actually have a 7 month old and a newborn and they don't seem to worry about it, they so much want to adopt the little guy, we will see what happens. My other responsible son and his wife have the 3 year old and they want to adopt him, too. Very much, we are all deeply in love with these little guys.

And then, last week we find out the AS and his GF, who have lost their children and claim to be working to get them back, announce to the state foster care worker the new pregnancy. I wanted to throw up. Is stupidity an excuse?

I honestly do not think my family can take on another addicted baby and we probably won't. Does that make us awful????? We have these two little guys and I think thats all we can take. But I don't think the STAte will allow them to keep a new baby when the are already supposed to be trying to get the older boy's back.

I will tell you, we will fight to the ends of the earth to keep the boys in our custody. Grandpa and I are prepared to spend the rest of our lives helping the kid's financially take care of these boys. But we cannot take on more......It is totally impossible.

I hope the new baby will be allowed to be adopted at birth and that I never know any more than that.

This is physically and emotionally sickening.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Years ago they would have tied her tubes! But they don't do that anymore. I don't know what to say except I would be overwhelmed too. :praying for wellness for that baby, and that God places the new baby where he/she will be loved and well taken care of all the days of her/his life.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending you some hugs and prayers. The only thing that I know is that God has a plan. Sometimes it is hard to imagine what that is at a time like this, but He does. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My hugs and prayers go out to you all also. God's plan for this innocent baby will be revealed, and God never screws things up like we can.

You are all wonderful for doing as much as you do. It's okay to say "enough" when you can't handle any more.

Hugs
Old 11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Wenchris)))

I have no idea how this will turn out, but I agree with the above...HP will do what's best.

I also agree with Ann...it's OKAY to say "enough".

Big hugs and prayers to you!!

Amy
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs. I agree that HP's plan is powerful and good, if we can just learn to trust in it and have faith in one day at a time.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh darlin, I know just how you feel. I am raising two children 3 and 5 from my AD and her ADBF. And now she is in jail and pregnant with twins. She will probably have them while in custody. Not sure if they will let her out when she has them or take her back to jail. But I cannot do any more than I am doing. Like you I feel sickened by the thoughts of it all. I pray all the time to put it in God's hands. Doesn't help my stomach much!!!!! I just feel the whole world is falling apart and I cannot do anything to stop it. I am trying to protect these two little ones, but simply can't fix everything or everyone. AT least you have other family members to step up. That is a wonderful thing. Prayers for you and all of your family. I understand. April
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
krhea75

You are great grandparents, doing the best you can. I know how it feels...sometimes like it will never end. Do what you have to do, for yourself and the new baby. Sometimes giving it up could be the best thing for her.
krhea
Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

wenchris,
Mr. Moose and I are just entering the world you are talking of, since AS son's GF is PG, and due in March. He is 35, she is 18. I kind of had the same sinking feeling when I heard of her being pregnant. I am praying this is a miracle in the works, because hope and prayers are all I have.

Grandparents and siblings who take on their addicted family members children are special people, with big hearts and compassion.

And I sure can understand your plate being full.

I still ask myself, concerning my As...what is he thinking?
Which seems to be the problem...he's not.

Hugs and hugs to you, and your family....
Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wenchris View Post

I will tell you, we will fight to the ends of the earth to keep the boys in our custody. Grandpa and I are prepared to spend the rest of our lives helping the kid's financially take care of these boys. But we cannot take on more......It is totally impossible.

I hope the new baby will be allowed to be adopted at birth and that I never know any more than that.
Not wanting to take on more responsibility sounds very sane to me and I hope along with you that the baby will find a wonderful home.

When I found out that I needed surgery that would make it impossible for me to have kids, my mom said to me: "Who knows, perhaps the poor little thing you will adopt some day is born right this minute." This baby might just be the miracle someone like me has been waiting for.

And your family sounds really amazing!

Last edited by Kimmieh; 11-03-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: to add