I need a friend (OT)

Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((fulldresser4))

Wow, what an inspiration. And I thought I had problems. Even with all of that, you hold on to your recovery.

Thank You.

B
Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

All of you have given me wonderful words and feelings. I am blessed to call you friends and yes even my family.

Thank You
Old 11-02-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((frankly)))))

You are not alone of course. I am sorry I was not on when you posted this but glad to see the brigade was out in force.

Originally Posted by frankly
I'm a solid rock any other time, but when someone says something nice, I bawl like a baby and can't stop the tears.
You ol' softy come here:ghug3
Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
krhea75

Frankly,
My bf often gets so upset with my AS because I get so down about it. I think it is a common protective reaction. So maybe it was just that or maybe it was more. I don't know, i just wanted to tell you that I can relate. We haven't gotten into a big argument, but we have had some discussions re: his feelings for my son don't include my feelings. He needs to be aware of the love a mom has for their kid.

Hope all is well for you this evening.
krhea
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can someone explain to me why words of kindness would make me cry. I'm a solid rock any other time, but when someone says something nice, I bawl like a baby and can't stop the tears.
Not sure if I can explain.... All I know is it makes me cry when people are nice to me when I am hurting..... I have decided to just be grateful after the tears fall. Love you sweetie
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Frankly,
Good morning.

I opened a page in my Hazelton book, "A Life of my Own" by Karen Casey this a.m. and this page jumped out at me.

We can have freedom from fear. All we have to do is accept our Higher Power as our daily companion. This may sound simple, but many of us, instead of relying on God, have been adamantly self-reliant. It's hard to break this habit. We may also struggle with the possibility that God won't do things our way.
We are learning from our program friends that when life isn't unfolding as we have anticipated, it's because God has other plans. Getting used to this idea will make fear a rare emotion. And we'll have much more time to enjoy the pleasures of life.

So, Frankly, you're never alone, and we're all sharing the light, and walking right beside with you.

Hugs.....
Old 11-03-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Frankly, I haven't been here in many months and really have no idea why I stopped in this morning. AS is doing great, so that's not the reason. Then I read your post and thought...AHA!
I have bipolar disorder as well and after many years of half*ssed treatment I finally got fully stabilized over a year ago. I can NEVER forget my meds. People with bipolar disorder are notorious for skipping them. They feel good (hypomanic) and think "I don't need them". Wrong.
Does Jerry take meds? It's usually a combo of 2 or 3 meds. It sounds like he was experiencing what is called "dysphoric hypomania". A really horrible place to be, esp. for those around, since it usually ends up with a rage episode.
I've studied up quite a bit on this and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. He should always have a crisis hotline number around and his psychiatrists number.
It's really ironic in that you want to tell him take these pills or get out, instead of what we tell our addicts...take those pills and you're out. Seems someone up there has a weird sense of humor :-)
Hugs, Barb