Can anyone supply info?

Old 10-31-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can anyone supply info?

I post occassionally, but read all the time. I am not real good at expressing myself but sometimes I need to vent.

I have a 22 AD who has been in and out of inpatient rehab at least 4 times each time successfully completing them. She has stayed sober the 1st time 5 months, the next 2 times about 1 year but this last time only about 2 months. While she was inpatient she met a guy and they dated when they got out then both relapsed and broke up. This devistated her.

She got a DUI, kicked out of outpatient and took off for FL. All her problems start with drinking, then using Cocaine. This time while she was in FL for about 5 days I understand she did 1/2 bag Heroin once and 3 hits of crack once.

Now my question. Is this a lot? I know nothing about heroin or crack. This was about 2 months ago. She got back into a program, started attending counceling and was going to meetings. All of a sudden she moved out again because she started drinking again and she knew we would not allow her to live here and drink.

I know she was under a lot of stress, one main reason was I was babysitting our 7 month Granddaugher and when she came back from FL we were not able to do this anymore because my son and DIL did not what their daughter around and Alcoholic. This hurt me more than anything my daughter has ever done, the fact that they did not think I would keep my Granddaughter save.

Life goes on.

Any words would be appreciated, Thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whether it's a lot or not really isn't the issue in my opinion. Active addiction is active addiction, no?

I am sorry for your pain, and hope you are able to find some peace of mind in the midst of this. :ghug
Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your experiencing such loss frustrated. First AD and now not being able to see you granddaughter.

This time while she was in FL for about 5 days I understand she did 1/2 bag Heroin once and 3 hits of crack once.
This may be only part of the story as addicts can tend to lie alot.

This hurt me more than anything my daughter has ever done, the fact that they did not think I would keep my Granddaughter save.
I'm sure you kept the granddaughter safe, but for some reason your daughter didn't feel her safe with your AD around (I can understand that too). Maybe you could talk to your daughter, or send her a letter, saying that you would never put your granddaughter in harms way, and if she requires AD not to be near the granddaughter that you would gladly respect that. But let her know you miss granddaughter alot and would love to spend time with her. And then see what happens.

Huggs.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your support. Freedom, I agree any using is bad, I found this info in her paperwork from her outpatient group, she would never share this with us, this is what makes me believe it is true. I know nothing about these drugs and was just wondering if it was alot because I also read about her having suicidal thoughts while she was in FL.

NeedingHelp, my DIL has been an adoliscent Drug Councelor and currently works with parolee's with drug problems. She doesn't agree with what we do with our AD so I feel this is her way of instilling a punishment on all of us. She even said that if we had my granddaughter and things got out of control we would take her and leave and keep her safe. She won't say what the real issue is. So, we just deal with it.

Thanks again
Old 10-31-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

regarding heroin anything can be a lot. A bundle is 10 bags and a person can do that in half a day... Though listen, as mentioned anything can be bad. 10 bags can be cut so much that it really is only one bag and one bag can be so strong that it could kill you... Now mixing drugs is THE worst thing to do and can be deadly. Doing an upper like crack and a downer like heroin can put a person's heart up and down... Now to tell you the truth, what your daughter did was not A LOT, but it was something, plus I don't know her bodytype, she could be really small, so this is a factor... She needs help either way. I am not sure if you are asking becuase you feel that you may be overreacting to the situation, at least thats how I read it... Please know that anything is bad, ANYTHING and the reasons for it are what need to be address. My thoughts are with you.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know any use is bad. We talked to her counselor and she was going to get in touch with her PO, then let us know what was going on. I hope she was on her last chance. Her counselor hoped they could find her and would be held in jail till an opening in long term rehab was open. Once she is clean for a short time that is what she wants. I keep praying it happens sooner rather than later. Thanks.