I'm so blasted sad~~

Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBD View Post

This will be the last time>>>>>again!! I know, I know.....I'm really getting tired of this nonsense. Does that mean I'm hitting my bottom?? Luv ya guys, Bonnie
I resemble this remark.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't blame you, I would have driven by already also, but then what if he is out someplace when you drive by? The phone idea was cool also.
You a good mom don't be too hard on yourself for wondering, he should have called unless he totally forgot and that could happen. I hope so for you....
(((Hugs)))
Old 10-30-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am new to this website, new to dealing with addiction, etc. I have a 19 year old son who has tried seboxyn. Please, help me here, Why is it not good to report where they go to get their "fixes" to the police? Would it not help to report their friends, etc to the police when controlled substances are being handed out like candy? I am worried sick that my son is going down the path of addiction and I don't know what to do to stop it. I am not afraid of tough love. Any suggestions? Forgive me if I sound naive. Appreciate any advice.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Worried, Welcome to SR. You can start a new thread and that way you will get more replies. Addiction is such a tough disease because the things that you would do to help a normal person are things that really hurt an addict because it helps to keep them in their disease longer. Take the time to read some posts and to read the stickies at the top of the forum. If you can make a Nar-anon or Al-anon meeting they really do help you to feel less alone. My daughter is 22 and a heroin addict. She went to rehab in May and is on Suboxone but thinks that she can still drink alcohol. This forum and meetings are what keep me from losing my mind. Again welcome. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Worried)))

Welcome to SR! I hope you post your own thread (it's a blue button that says new thread on the top left), as you will probably get more responses...we like to welcome new people.

I'm a recovering addict, as well as a recovering codie (codependent) and have been in relationships with addicts.

There are a few reasons why it's not a good idea to report him or where he gets the drugs.

#1 - your son will just find somewhere else to get drugs. When I was on the streets, someone would get locked up, get out the next day, and I always had other places to get my crack.

#2 - some of these people are mean. If they find out you did it, they can threaten you, or actually follow through. It's just not worth it.

#3 - the cops usually want to go after the "major" dealers. They drove by me, several times a day, as well as the boys selling dope and didn't do anything, other than give me tickets.

Your son will probably have to hit bottom before he seeks recovery. I know I did. The best thing you can do (in my opinion) is let him suffer every consequence of his using. Don't give him any money because no matter what he says it's for, it is probably going to dope. If he lives at home, I would not let him stay there as long as he is using. I was homeless, by choice. It helped me hit bottom faster.

There are some wonderful people here, and though I'm sorry for what you are going through, I'm glad you're here.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy