I miss my daddy

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I miss my daddy

I'm just feeling sad to day and have to let it out. Yesterday I looked in my rear-view mirror at my little boy as we were driving down the high-way and he looked so very very sad in his car seat. I couldn't understand what was wrong. So I asked him, baby you look so sad. Is something wrong. He said. I miss my daddy and started to cry.

He's only three and has barely even met his daddy.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You know, it's terribly hard for children when they don't have the same sort of families that other people around them have.

I remember years ago when the daughter of a good friend of mine came home from school crying because HER parents were still married and that meant she only got to have one Christmas instead of 2 like most of her friends whose parents were divorced!

I think it's good that he was able to express his fears and frustrations to you. There are actually some good books out there - I remember one I read to my kids was called "Daddy Doesn't Live Here Anymore."

It's sad, but you can also show him how much you love him and care for him. I had to remind myself a hundred times that my kids were better off without the constant conflict and tension that came from my toxic relationship with their dad.

Hugs from mom to mom
Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Poor baby. My daughter goes through the same thing and i just keep telling her that her daddy does love her even if he's not around. Then i give her double the kisses and triple the hugs. It wont make up for her loss but she does know she's loved.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

awwww, sweetie, I'm sorry.

The good news, is he's so young, he will be thinking of something else pretty quick. The bad news is it's hurts US to see someone we love hurting, and we don't get over it so quick.

Just remember...you are an awesome mom, and, thanks to you, this little one has been spared a lot of drama and chaos that came with his dad.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My grandbaby (3) most likely doesn't remember even meeting her Dad, who spent time with her once or twice.
She still reminds me she has one (in her own little sassy way)
She said "I have a Dad, ya know...everybody has a Dad"
And she'll make comments when she hears other little ones referring to thier Dad. To her it seems more about the title, than the person.

But...I can tell you that the little one has more love in her life than most...and thats what is important in the long haul.
(((Hugs)))
Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

one other silly thing I do
- my daughter and i have this thing we call "shaking it off" when she feels sad we stand in the middle of the room and shake our whole body around really crazy and silly until we're dizzy - it always helps her to smile again and it actually feels great.

she's now started telling me i need to "shake it off" when i'm in a sad mood - its silly but it helps us.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

aaaaaaaaw hk..... that is sad for you and your little one - but what an awesome one to express it to you! You are a wondeful mother and he is so lucky to have you. You are his protector - his guide ..... and in his adult years he'll be able to have so much gratitude and will love you always.

thinking of you and your lil' one xoxoxoox