RADgot another chip toinght

Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile RADgot another chip toinght

My RAD got an 18 month chip tonight from NA. There were 4 new people there toinght at her homegroup. When she shrared it was wonderful. She really was trying to reach the newcomers. She was saying how she can learn just as much from a newcomer as she can from someone whith 20 or more years clean. The whole group just embrassed them. When I heard alot of the things said during the meeting about my daughter, the coolest thing was everyone (& these mind you are my daughter close friends) were working to get the message accross the newcomers. Can I just say NA rocks!!! Oh & I might have mentioned on her 12 month that the chip gets passed around the group so people can say prayers or well wishes for the aneversery, well toinght there was a fumble. Toinght in front of the NA group, I..."mom of RAD" dropped the 18 month chip!!! It was the loudest sound I ever heard.!! MY RAD was in the middle of sharing & said ..can yoou believe my MOM just did that? It was too funny. Thankfully for her her lil sis got my co ordination genes. Can I tell you all how privelidged I feel for getting the opportunity to get to know her friends. We have had late nights at Denny's which is wayy past my bedtime. Some too funny times at my house, & I really luv these guys. They have soo much to offer.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Helpus))

That is just awesome!!!! I know you are proud of her, and she seems to be doing great on her recovery.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to both of you on awesome recovery! I too love celebration meetings and hearing the shares. Meg's BF just had 3 years earlier this month and it was such a terrific celebration. I enjoy the diner runs after and the laughs and joy. I'm so glad you both benefit from an awesome NA group. Big hugs and please send huigs and congrats to M too!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I am so proud of your daughter, and I bet you are too!

Funny how the world of recovery opens us up to all these new endearing friends we wouldn't have known, otherwise!

Hugs to you, and your daughter...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I can feel your happiness and am thrilled that I am not the only person who drops things

Recovery for her and for you is just a beautiful thing and how uplifting it is to hear you share about it.

Hugs to both of you.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations to your daughter, Helpus. That is just wonderful that she has made 18 months. It really does give us all hope that someday we may be saying the same thing about our addicted loved ones. Enjoy every moment of it. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-27-2008, 03:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing your miracle. hugs & prayers,
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I LOVE good news Congratulations to both of you. Prayers and wishes for continuation of her recovery.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing the hope. Tiimes like that are exactly what I wish for and pray for my AD and all the rest of our kids who are still caught up in the grip of the disease....
Old 10-28-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That is absolutely wonderful. It makes me feel good all over just reading it, plus a few happy goosebumps.

Happy for RAD and mom too!