Can you spot the road to recovery?

Old 10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Cassandra)))

With him being cocky when you're telling what is going to happen, I see a man who is in serious denial. Drugs will do that to you. He knows the ex is vindictive and he's just giving her more ammunition to use against him.

He's doing what we active A's do...he is using to avoid the harsh realities of life.

I'm sorry you and his daughter are going through this, especially his daughter because she is the true innocent in all of this.

I also know how frustrating it is when everyone is telling you "work on you, let him go". Even though I KNOW it's the right thing to do, I had to hit my own bottom of codie-ness, and just like my addiction, it was in my time.

It seems like it took FOREVER to sink in my head that I really had no control over the situation. All I COULD do was focus on me.

You've only been here a short time, but I do see signs of progress...just keep taking those baby steps, sweetie. Before you know it, focusing on you and what you CAN control will be a priority.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-26-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cassandra2 View Post

I am seeing that this may be the path that will force him into reality. Does anyone agree?

He is not yet homeless. He's bunking at his sister's house. Someone is feeding him. He somehow has a cell phone and is texting you or responding to you 30 X a day. ( Who is paying this bill?)

He is fully focused on manipulating anyone who can help sustain his addiction and thus far remains the center of your universe.

This does not sound like a bottom to me. He has too many enablers sustaining him.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The whole thing with addiction is the delusion of thinking it's not that bad.

Someone does not go from popping pain pills one day to shooting heroin into their penis, the next. It's a gradual decent to the bottom.

Co-dependency works much the same way.