SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Today I saw the "drug addict" and recognized it! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/160575-today-i-saw-drug-addict-recognized.html)

cassandra2 10-24-2008 01:34 PM

Today I saw the "drug addict" and recognized it!

Today my ex abf tried to say that I owed him the rent he paid last month on our apartment. This is the money that he took 100 bucks from and spent it on "something". I told him that I was supporting the children and that he lived here too for that month so I didnt "borrow" the money from him. Now he is sending me very irrational text messages.

He asked if I was going to drop the kids off on Sunday for trick or treat and did the baby have a costume. I responded with "Thats fine no she doesnt have a costume". His response "You dont have to get all sh***y with me does alyssa have a costume?" Ok Alyssa is our 5 year old not the baby and who was getting sh****y with him? Today has really opened my eyes with this guy. I believe he must be out of money and pills so he needs money to get his fix. Please all of you out there pray that he doesnt get his fix and maybe have to go a few days "in reality".

Unbelievable........Buts its gettin easier. He is making it easier to detach!

Impurrfect 10-24-2008 02:02 PM

they do make it easier when they're being irrational.

Good for you on recognizing his behavior for what it is!!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

cassandra2 10-24-2008 02:10 PM

Thank you. In a strange kinda way it is freeing. I see his other side and before when he was here day in and day out the behavior just kinda meshed and I couldnt really tell from one day to the next. Now that he isnt here I can see his ups and downs right away! And I saw right through the I need money for my rent next month bullcrap. Ok its FRIDAY and he is gonna pay rent????? Ya I dont think so. He is living with his sister. He said he needed it ASAP. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But proud of myself.

Impurrfect 10-24-2008 02:21 PM

you SHOULD be proud of yourself!!! This is what we mean by taking baby steps...you saw his behavior for what it was, and didn't fall for it. Now you feel better, and more confident.

You did good!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

BayAreaPhoenix 10-24-2008 02:36 PM

I remember the first time I didn't get "spun". I was shaking, but I was so proud of myself! It only got easier after that to really see things for what they were. Way to go!!!

outtolunch 10-24-2008 04:14 PM

This is HUGE.
Good for you.

cassandra2 10-24-2008 04:32 PM

Ya but oh how the moments fade. He was supposed to do something today and he didnt and I feel like that is yet another action of an addict and it is just hard. I will say that I didnt cry or feel like he doesnt love me or that this is hopeless. I feel like this is the downward spiral that is just starting.

I see that he is out of control now. I kinda feel like watching a car going to fast and knowing that its gonna hit a tree. I just pray that he hits it fast and is able to walk away from it.

Today I spoke with his brother in law (who is a recovering heroin addict) and he said that all the grandois plans my ex is currently making are so off the wall that the b n law finally said something to the ex. B n law said you just kinda gotta through your hands up in the air and just wait for it to happen. B n law also said (he got busted selling pills for drugs and his aunt was the one that informed the police who is also a drug addict) that you never know who is gonna turn you in it could be your own family.

Was that a chilling statement or what? Ex is selling some of his script and I know that he is gonna get caught because he just does it out in the open. So I'm thinking that an ex addict is gonna rat out an active addict. What do you all think?????