addicts and their trashed cars

Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This is exactly what the last fight with my AD was over. She couldn't believe I wouldn't give her my old car. She's already totaled all the ones she got earlier.

I can't believe how before she totaled them what she had done to the inside. It looked like a moving dump. She had so many empty cigarette packs, McDonald's bags, Burger King wrappers. It's a wonder there was something alive living in there.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

Thank Heaven for this thread, imagine laughing over this stuff! How wonderful

We gave AS my two year old car when he turned eighteen. 18000 miles. A friend backed into a tree, a friend had a tractor hit him, a friend ran over railroad ties, a friend backed into the mailbox. The wheel bearings were shot so we got new ones, got son all new tires (best thing on the car) and two days later someone slashed all four tires. Car died. AS graduated from high school and we gave him $$ to buy junker $1000, um...I think the engine blew up. AS and GF had a baby and needed reliable car to cart him around so we got him a nice mini-van. he was going to pay us back with income tax...didn't. Kids got taken away because of drug use and AS doesn't have a minivan anymore either, (of course, he didn't pay for it!) Minivan has no worthwhile trade in value. AS has a younger sister, we gave her my 2 year old car with 20000 miles. She still is driving it and it looks the same, except for the repair job we had to have done because AS borrowed it without asking and hit a deer and a side rail. Younger sister locks her car now.

Last edited by wenchris; 10-24-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added a line
Old 10-24-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

these are just absolutely hilarious!!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, funny & sad. My AD got a used car for her 17th birthday and had 4 accidents in 6 months - all were somebody else's fault according to her, including the poor deer's. Must be a crack thing. I know she put on about 3000 miles a month- back and forth to Newark while still living at home. And I know she got there FAST - dope sick for heroin and crack-crazy.

Just last month my brand new car was in an accident. a 17 year old girl hit my cute little "smart car" - she was wearing her school uniform with the little green knee socks and the plaid skirt, and her parents came and were all concerned - for her - and all I could think of was - anybody **** test her for crack?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

Me thinks we have all developed a very unique sense of humor!!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

we laugh, we cry. I think i'll always notice those trashed cars going down the road from only this perspective!!

and i do think it would be a good idea to have these trashed cars as coming under the signs and symptoms of drug use/abuse
Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just the other week my brother offered me his BMW to drive, 'to make it easier for work and the kids'

I almost blurted out no thanks, I gave the police your number so many times I'd never get anywhere in that car for being stopped and breathalysed
Old 10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

My AH's truck looks great on the outside but the inside looks like a landfill.. I'm serious, there are fast food bags, empty bottles, clothes, shoes, trash.. you name it... Must be in the addict handbook someplace to have a trashy ride..

I refuse to ride in his truck.. not only because it's disgusting but because I don't want to be in a vehicle that may have drugs hidden in it.. God forbid he get pulled over while i'm riding around with him..
Old 10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My AH mysteriously had two "bad tires" on the right side. They were brand new expensive tires. Both had bulges in them - I'd say from hitting a curb. He's got scratches and dings that have occured all over it. Rumor has it from someone at one of the card games that he was trying to parallel park in a space that was about 4 feet too short. It was a really nice car when he first got it. It's really showing it's wear now though. It's sad really. He's always had an excuse for every ding or scratch. One car he wrecked twice. It was a sad sight because he kept the insurance money and just drove it around with parts of it smashed up.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I guess I'm the minority, my car was always clean and in working order....of course it has been repo'd but it was never trashed!