Says she's ready for detox

Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

She's taking 600 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours and 10 mg flexeril as needed, which isn't very often because all they do is knock her out. She can have toradol and cortisone injections if she needs them and I have a feeling she will. She's pretty stiff but keeps moving around, working it out.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is so great she is sticking to her recovery. I know your proud of her an she should be proud of herself...Way to go !!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Chino)))

I remember you talking about Brandon, but had no idea she was injured in the same place. It's good to know Brandon is still looking after her.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-05-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Chino,
It sounds wonderful how strong your daughter is being and you also. I can't emagin how hard it must all be being in the pain she is in and saying no to pain killers. She is BRAVE and trying so hard, I am sure you are so proud of her. Hugs and prayers!!:praying
Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I really am proud of her. She had to make a choice and I see it as a sign of emotional maturity that she was aware of it. She was so worried about it and her therapist and I kept reminding her it's a choice.

I started to tell her the story about the two wolves fighting inside us, good and evil, and the one that wins is the one you feed. But she knew it and finished the story with a very sober look on her face. She had to feed the wolves and she had to feed her pain, but she knew she had a choice which one got the most food.

I kept praying for guidance and I'm still praying for it, for all my loved ones. I want to help and support all of them, but only in the right way. If that's a parable at the right time, simple silence, saying yes or no when I need to, then that's the best I can give and I will give no more.

When she said she didn't want any more methadone I smiled so big. After prayer and meditation, I made up my mind the previous night I wasn't supporting it one more day.

It feels strange in a good way to be on the same page with her. I'm not counting on that continuing, because we hold separate books and read at different speeds. But I am savoring the moment, just for today