OT - How many years to get life back?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy OT - How many years to get life back?

Really bummed out right now. Two weeks ago hubby and I went to our local bank to see about getting a home improvement loan. We own two houses and we have worked really hard to get our credit back on track from us both having some bad marriages, both credit scores are listed excellent, which I never would have thought possible but we worked hard. I have been excited that maybe I could finish getting the house done for the holidays instead of chipping away at it here and there. Been dreaming of how beautiful it's going to look.

Well, hubby just called and said they turned us down because of a loan done 20 years ago that I had with my exah and I had to declare bankruptcy just to survive. This bank has changed names three times since then, I have busted my butt to cover debts, we have enough collateral to cover the loan three times over and still they turned us down.

Needless to say I'm on my way to the bank to close out what accounts I have with them and we'll move everything to another bank but here I sit, wallowing in pity, cause I did have my hopes up.

Just had to vent.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Baxter,
Sosorry to hear that. I thought it was supposed to be 10 years and then you were ok? Maybe because the economy stinks? Look around, maybe another bank will come through, that just doesn't sound right. Good luck have some choclate!!!((HUGS))
Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Baxter, I am so sorry this bank turned you down. It may very well have something to do with the economy. I also would take my accounts out of that bank.
Remember you can always try again somewhere else.
Having some chocolate is a great idea!
Love,
Diane
Old 10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in the real estate industry and its the economy. Even people who have always had good credit are getting turned down because there is no money to loan - banks are having to look for any excuse to turn someone down because they are all holding bad mortgages. Dont sweat it and wait a little while - hopefully in a few months things will start to turn around - i sure hope so or a lot more of us in this business are going to be out of jobs.