Well she's back in the depths of the Murderer

Old 10-22-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well she's back in the depths of the Murderer

Well my 20 yr old AD called yesterday telling me she ran out of gas on I95 and exclaimed "why can't I just be Normal"? We all know the answer to that but gosh its so hard to have to accept. I have given up hope, I've given up the hope she will return the the bright sunny girl I raised. I have given her to God and asked him through prayer and many tears to save her, to lead her to sobriety. I can't do this for her. Only God and she can save her. She is a beautiful girl with a monster who wants to kill her and he is winning.

Her name is Kayla, please help by praying for her safety. She lives such a dangerous life, prostitution, horrible people, etc.

Prayer is all that is left, recovery programs have failed, detox has failed, rehab has failed, half way houses have failed, what is left?

Death
Jail
Murder
Suicide
God

I hope she picks the later.

Thanks for listening.

Broken but not ruined woman/mother here.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Seagrl7, as a mom, I know how desperate you feel. As I mom, I have to say, don't ever, ever give up hope of your daughter finding recovery. Yes, she is living a dangerous lifestyle, but hopefully by turning her over to God, he'll watch for her, and soon (I pray) she will see she cannot continue living this way. I will never give up hope for my son. He's in rehab now, for the second time, and it's finally sinking in that he will have to battle this monster for his whole life, but I hope that he can win his battle. My hope is that he can find happiness in his life, and a peace within himself, that he can overcome this.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

God can heal all - just keep praying and trusting in him no matter what happens.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Prayers coming your way for Kayla...
and big hugs for you...

Don't give up hope, miracles happen when we least expect them.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Never underestimate the power of prayer. God did answer my parents' prayers, but in his time, not theirs.

I put myself in so many potentially dangerous situations that it's a miracle I am alive today.

I am so incredibly grateful today that I don't have to live like that anymore.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The choice will be made by her HP. With an addicted so of 21 that's why I try to believe. I know how hard it can be and the pain that can be felt. Sending prayers and angels your way and you daughter. Remember to take care of yourself.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your Kayla.

That's my oldest granddaughter's name. She turned 15 this year and although she's not acting out yet she does know her mother is an addict and I pray for her every night too, and her mother. Right now she hates all that drugs have done and hopefully it always stays that way.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Seagrl7,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am the mom of an AD who is in recovery, just for today, but I know the fear that I lived with and can still go back to if I'm not careful.

All I can share with you is my experience, strength and hope. And I know for a fact that my AD put herself in very dangerous situations of which I do not want to know the details (or maybe I should say don't want to know any more of the details). But her HP was there with her all the time and let her go through those times in order to bring her to a better place.

Reality is we have to accept that we don't have guarantees about our loved one's safety. But we do have the promises of the program/recovery that we can have a good life despite what is going on around us. It is a choice and I had to choose to live my life while I consistently prayed for my daughter.

There are many parents here who can identify with what you are going through. They are the parents who are an inspiration to me for they are the ones who modeled good recovery, showing me that I am powerless over my AD's decisions and that the best thing to do was to turn her over to God and then get on with making my life the best it could be. I don't say that flippantly for I know the pain. But my HP finally got through to me that the only thing I could do for my AD was to pray for her and then be an example of what good recovery looks like.

So today that is what I try to do. I take her out of my head, put her in my heart and then give her to God. And then put the focus back on me, where it should be, and try to work on myself and do what God has for me to do this day.

Keeping both you and your daughter in my prayers. I do understand.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 10-22-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers to your daughter Kayla. I know it is so difficult and heartwreching also the parent of a 21 AS. Just know she is in gods hands. We are all praying for her recovery.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Interesting that you connect her addiction with the Murderer - It is so true that this, at its root, is a spiritual problem that requires a spiritual solution. And is the Giver of Life weaker than the Murderer?

Try to quickly get over the grief of this and into the mode of asserting that God is at work in this crisis, that God works in the crisis of us humans whom He loves so much to work His will in our lives and specifically in the life of your daughter. I can tell by your post that you are normally there but that you're having a fear-filled moment because of this phone call.

May God bless you today, and may you see that blessing!

Remember, these moments when our children reach out to us for help are moments when we can strike a deal - such as, "Sure, daughter, I will help you with _____ if you will _________ (get a drug evaluation and go for treatment if they recommend it or go to 10 AA meetings, or _____)."
Old 10-22-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rozied

I am so very sorry, I do know how you feel. As people said here God is bigger than anything else. I will be praying for her.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It is a grieving process and one we must go through to reach acceptance. My daughter recently relapsed on alcohol and I have had to go back to the first step again. I am powerless. Hugs and prayers because I know it hurts. Marle
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
watching the clouds roll away

I am praying for her.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers to you and Kayla.

Don't give up hope...many people considered me hopeless, too, and I was living your daughter's high-risk life. I'm going on 20 months clean, and even though friends/family thought I'd never "get it", they continued to pray for me. I will forever be grateful to them and HP.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

It is tough watching addiction take our child over.
But change is possible.
Get on with your own recovery through some program of your own, like al-anon.
Her time for recovery will come... be patient.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for Kayla and her mom, from a mother of an AS.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

praying for you and Kayla. Don't give up hope, that is all we have! There IS hope. People can and do recover every day. As hard as it is, there is hope.

All you can do is love her. Love her and pray. I know, I have a daugher too, Kasey.

When WE change our thoughts, lives and the way WE do things everything around us must and does change.

Don't give up hope. Kayla is there, deep inside crying out. She needs your love and prayer.

in understanding love,
susan
Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Prayers for Kayla and for you.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BBD

Sending prayers for you and Kayla. There always is HOPE~~~and your daughters HP is watching over her. I just wonder what the plans are....for these lost souls. I worry about my AS every day but know now I have to step away. So~~take care of yourself. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Praying for all our addicts and those who love them. My addict step daughter made another poor choice recently, could have asked for rehab but chose to leave jail without any help. She is out there with the murderer too and all I can do is pray. With God all things are possible. :praying