its over

Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

its over

all the court dates are finally done. my son was sentenced to no more than
91/2 yrs.& no less than 7 1/2 yrs. he seems ok with it. he has been in jail since may waiting to go to court. some of these charges have been going on for 2 yrs.
i am ok. i will focus on me & try to not think about the fact he will not walk thru my door for at least 71/2 yrs. that is a toughie & it hurts so bad. the first thing out of his mouth was "i love you mom". i love him too so very much. please keep us in your prayers & little j.too. (his a.s. son & his 2 daughters also.) this has been a long,long ,hard road but i am gratiful it is over at last. thank you all for the support.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hope, you will all be in my prayers. I'm sorry you are hurting, but I am glad that all the ups and downs of the last couple years are over and you don't have to worry about where he is. Also glad you are keeping focus on you...hugs --
Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope, Sending prayers for your whole family. I am sorry that it hurts so badly. I hope that you find peace in the coming days. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just tried to put myself in your shoes when I read "I love you mom" and it hurt. You are all in my prayers.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((HOPE))))

It's been a tough year for you and all your loved ones, Hope. I pray that you give yourself time to just "be" now, to just breathe and take things one day at a time.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

it does hurt alot but with your help & your prayers i will get thru this.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hugs to you Hope, and
prayers for your son.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers for you and your family ((((Hope)))
Old 10-21-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope...I am sorry and I pray for you both. Miracles happen and I have a son and know how damned hard you must be struggling to handle this...My heartfelt prayers and genuine compassion go out to you both. Bless you all and I pray the HP will keep you in his arms an offer you comfort.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hugs - You've been through so much and show such strength. Prayers for all in the family.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

To have a Mom that loves me, unconditionally - to say I Love You at a court sentence to my Mom... I will never and have never known this type of motherly love. You bring tears to my eyes, as do all the parents here. Your children are so truly blessed and your strength and love is beautiful to witness. I know they don't make it easy, and I am so very sorry you are hurting, but obviously your son knows your Love loud and clear - what a comfort that must be for him. Hugs to you and your family. Sending my prayers for support and comfort.

:praying
Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, it sounds like you have been through a lot. But I hope that you and your family will be o.k.

Yesterday my son got out of prison after 3 1/2 years. And the same day my boyfriends grandson was arrested in my kitchen. He is looking at 4 years in prison. Just could not believe this happened on the same day.

But wanted to say that my son adjusted to prison alright. Think I went through more stress than him. Prison is not like the movies thank goodness. It was a good day to see him home again. And you will see that to.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hope213,

I'm so sorry you and your son are experiencing this hurt. But I know you have your recovery and for that I am so thankful.

We just never know, Hope. And maybe this time away, as long as it seems, might just be the very thing that brings your son to a much better way of life.

Be extra good to yourself now. And know that your son's HP is watching over him and your HP is watching over you.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Hope))) You & your family are in my prayers.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope...I know it's been a long road. You will have time to grieve now, not wonder and worry if and how long. I hope the children will get over this, it must be difficult for them too. My older daughter grew up with her dad out of her life, he was in and out of prison. She is now living near him and talks to him often. She yearned for him so much growing up, and ended up going to live in the same area when she was 18. The night she got there he returned to prison for 3 yrs. That really was a miracle, because I prayed God would protect her from him. He has been out for 2 yrs and hasn't changed a bit, but she's older now and tells him where to go. She has recently refused to let him see our grandchild.

Prayers that God will heal all hearts effected by this. And prayers that the children will have a wonderfully blessed future ahead of them.

Huggs,
NH7
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Hope, I am so sorry your son got 71/2yrs. Mine has been in & out of jail during the last 10yrs more times than I can count. Now I just learned he has to do another 14months, the remainder of his sentence.
I will be praying for you, your son & your whole family. I know it is tough.
Love,
Diane
Old 10-22-2008, 01:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Hope)))

My heart hurts for you.

Just remember that God loves all His children, including His addicted ones, and will shine His light even in dark corners.

You all are in my prayers, especially the children. They are so blessed to have your love and guidance.

Hugs
Old 10-22-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending strength and prayers your way but...

My AD (20 years old) is out on the streets using again, after 2 months in rehab, after getting into a halfway house she is on the streets again. Prostituting, selling her soul and body for drugs. I wish she'd get arrested and sent to jail, I wish she would so at least I would know where she is and be hopeful she wouldn't be using.

Now this is a horrible thing for a Mom to wish for her child but everything else has failed. She can't stop, won't stop the disease wants to kill her.

I pray for all families with drug addicted kids in jail and out but I also pray for my child who is so lost in the depths of drugs that she stands to either die, be murdered or end up in jail. I think jail would be a blessing.

This from a Mom who has never even gotten a speeding ticket.

God Bless.:praying
Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending prayers to you hope and your son. Know this is very hard but yes,you will know where he is now. Stay strong and (((hugs to you))))
Old 10-22-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope,

Sending prayers your way.
I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling.

I am sorry that there is so much pain.

Hugs,