Did Anyone Watch A & E last Night?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did Anyone Watch A & E last Night?

This program was on prescription addiction. Right now traffic accidents are #1 in the USA. Pill overdose is nearing #1. It's just out of control!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes I watched it...I am an Oxycodone addict and had my last pills last wednesday....so yeah it hit home. I was taking for medical reasons, but still addicted to between 15 and 30 pills a day....sometimes 6 at a time just to get rid of medical pain. I spent the weekend detoxing and am still hurtin with withdrawals. Nasty addiction....I have pills from the doc to make it easier...yeah right...but considering going off these pills and the amount I was taking I guess it could be worse....I was told its like a heroin addict getting clean and thought no way, but guess what....even with medical help in detoxing and withdrawals it still hurts like a bugger.

6 days in 50 years to go.

Cheers,

Chuck
Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw that program and it really OPENED my eyes. I know that all of the people on this site have been encouraging and helpful but nothing does it like visual representation! The story of the father with 2 kids and a wife was like my life unfolding on TV. But it made me really SEE that these pills do take over just like any other drug out there. I keep wondering why he is still gone and if he is ever gonna come back. Now I know why he is gone (aside from me asking him to leave) and I know that its possible to come back.

I'm not gonna stop living my life and wait and see if he will come back but its possible and I will just keep praying about it and let go. It is so funny how it was on and I just happened to catch it. Today I made my 13 year old daughter watch it because it answered alot of questions for her too.

Great program. I recommend it to anyone who has a loved one addicted to pain pills it will really open your eyes to the gravity of this problem.