Here's Update You Don't Want to Miss!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here's Update You Don't Want to Miss!

Hi Everyone:

Ok, here's the latest news from Mr. & Mrs. Dev.

Son is getting out of prison on Saturday....wow, time flies when you're having fun huh? 3-1/2 years have gone by once again. He, of course, has to be paroled here in our little community where there isn't any work. He is sounded very positive that he can find work. He has many talents, so maybe he can, we'll see.

His daughter, my granddaughter, ended up going to rehab after all. Remember the deal she and I had going? I pay her storage as long as she stays in rehab?

She did make it there 2 weeks late, but got there and is very happy about it. She wrote to me saying that she is happier where she is today than she has been in a long time. I've checked on her and spoke with her counselor who said she is nothing but a pleasure. She also has her baby back and with her, so she is very happy about that.

So, will keep in touch and let you know how things are going with son. Of course, he says "stick a fork in me, 'cause I'm done!" right. Only difference this time, is I am really done!

Hope all is going well with all my favorite friends. Love and prayers going out to you all.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, great news on your granddaughter!!!

As for your son? I guess we'll see, huh? I hope he really is done.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-21-2008, 01:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wouldn't it be something if they both were done, and actually took care of their addiction and stayed clean? Here's to you staying sane and happy no matter who's done and who's only half-baked.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's good news all round, Dev. My prayers go out for everyone, that this will be a new beginning on a better path.

We can't control their choices, as good or bad as they may be, but it's amazing how strong we get as we learn that we can control our own happiness, that only we hold the key and nobody can mess with that.

You've got God, your recovery and a whole bus load of codies watching out for you...life doesn't get better than that

Big Hugs and Lotsa Love
Old 10-21-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Prayers all around for you, your son and your granddaughter and great grandbabie!

Shalom!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

the best part is reading that you are done
Old 10-21-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Good morning Dev, Thats good news that your on will be home. Lets just hope he can find a job and stay in his recovery.....and your granddaughter~~Thats wonderful. Good for her for sticking with it.. that lil baby should help her stay clean and be a good mom now. Love and luck and you sound great. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Woo hoo !!!

Good to hear from you Dev,and nice that it's good news. One day at a time, right? Just for today, everyone is where they are supposed to be and life is just rocking along.

Your recovery is shining~

Cats
Old 10-21-2008, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

Funny how 3 years can either drag or fly, depending on our perspectives. It is nice your granddaughter has her baby with her. They must provide parenting skills, too. Sounds like a great program.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Dev,
Holy Cow, you right, time DOES fly!

Very happy to hear about your grand daughter, she sounds sincere, and how wonderful for her that you have boundaries. It's a good thing.

As for your son, you're done, he says he's done, so let's say a prayer he can find a job, and move on with his life.

Hugs....
Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

keep us updated, so glad to hear about your granddaughter!
susan
Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Dev, so happy to hear about your granddaughter..wonderful!
as for your son, glad you are done, and time will tell, he just may make it work, but if he dosen't, you'll be okay
prayers for you and your family:hug Grateful
Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Dev,

Boy, times does fly (on most days... )

So glad to hear you and your granddaughter are in a good place. I know you have your recovery so I'm just praying you'll maintain. Praying for the granddaughter and her recovery, too. Sounds like she has a good attitude and I'm grateful for that.

Praying for your son as he's put back into the real world. I know his HP has him right where he needs to be and I pray that he will be able to find work and stay straight.

Keep us posted.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ahhhh!!!

So nice to hear from all of you, my good friends. Thank you for stopping in and taking the time to send me a post.

Yep, Wenchris, it does depend on your perspective as to whether or not time flys. If you would have asked me that question in 2002, I would have said, "what a horrible thing to say!" But after 3 or 4 times of this nonsense, it's a real relief when you know they are settled and safe! I mean I hated all the time he spent in San Quentin, but once out of there it was much better.

Now, I've become so selfish with my way of life that no one is going to get in my space unless it's my choice! I'm done with this nonsense!

Yes, Moose, I am really proud of the fact that I stood my ground with the Granddaugter! I feel like I did something right in my life now. Besides Mr Dev heard me talking to her, and said "you dida gooda think(g)" so you know I did right.

I remember how many things I did behind his back in the past. U know like taking things out of the pawn shop 100 times over! OMG, going to the worse part of town by myself! The things I've been through with this child (man).

This seems like a good program granddaughter is in. Hope she continues to enjoy it. Probably enjoys it because it's the only stable home she's had in years! When I asked about her brother, my grandson, she said, "oh u know he's saying the usual which is I can't wait to get out of the house at 18!" She said, funny, I was wishing I could get back in at 18! LOL

Well, all thanks for the prayers and support, as usual. Will definitely keep you informed. I know one thing he can't stay here because my thread count is the pits! lol

Hugs, Dev
Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Dev)))

I was thinking about the thread count. That's ONE way to make sure he doesn't want to come home...tell him the only bed he can sleep in has burlap sheets

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dev, So glad to hear that things are going well. I know what you mean about having things your way and not wanting them to change. I made the mistake of letting my daughter back into my home. But she is only 22, so I guess I have a few more mistakes coming my way But really I think that I have had it too with the nonsense. I will send some special prayers for your son and granddaughter. It sure would be nice if they both were truly "done". Hugs, Marle
Old 10-21-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dev,

Glad to hear that things are going well, and that you stuck to your boundaries.

I like the burlap sheet idea.
I wonder what that thread count would be.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

dev, i hope your son is done this time. like mine he is no child.i wish him & your grand daughter the best. i know u have a lot of recovery under your belt & know how to pull out the tools. my prayers are for all of you. hugs,
Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Best to you as your son and granddaughter make progress.
Sounds like they both know change is needed and are willing to the work to get it done.