Judge Judy in Regis this morning

Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Judge Judy in Regis this morning

Judge Judy was on Regis this morning. I usually don't watch Regis but I do, for some strange reason, love Judge Judy. One of the questions she was asked was if she thought women would ever stop picking losers or men that used them, giving them money and supporting them. She said it will never end until women get rid of that hormone that makes them think they are no one unless they are with someone, learn to be comfortable alone in their own skin and look for a partner that compliments them not uses them.

Thought that was pretty good and described the me I was for quite a few years.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yep. How true.

After my 2nd divorce, from a man who was sober I guess, but substituted gambling for the drinking, my AA sponsor STRONGLY suggested that I take at least a year and live by myself with ME. What??? No no no I couldn't do that, lol but I did.

Actually for much longer than a year. I learned to LIKE me, then I learned to LOVE me, and the realization came that I didn't need a "him" on my arm to be complete.

WOW, what freedom. I found that by fixing the insides, I started to draw people that were like me, that didn't require 'drama' and 'chaos', that like peace and serenity, etc.

I too like Judge Judy, she calls a spade a spade. Yes she does come from a different 'era' lol but her ideas always seem to be right on the money.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Baxter, My mom loves Judge Judy too. As far as women being like that I myself was like that until the end of my 20's when I divorced my 1st hubby. Looking bk I think its a matter of maturity & waiting after HS long enough to find yourself before you hook up. When I married my 1st hubby I was only 18, had quit Nursing School & let someone blackmail me into marriage. After the divorce I finished college, worked full time, raised 2kids by myself so by the time I met & married my present hubby I was an individual, all by myself. I really didn't have a laundry list of what I wanted in a husband, but I knew without any doubt, what I didn't want.
Love,
Diane
PS Laurie, I just read your post & you said it very well. You must find " yourself " before you can be a couple.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My daughter loves Judge Judy too! She said JJ listens, doesn't pull any punches, and she respects that. That was a big hint to me to be more clear with her.