Thank you!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Hi,

I haven't been around in a few months. Everyone here was such a big help to me when I was hurting so badly about my brother.

Thanks to all of you, I was able to move away from the rollercoaster that is my brother's life. He's slightly better, but he's still prescribed some pretty heavy-duty stuff and I'm not impressed with our doctor.

But I don't feel like it's my fault anymore!!! I don't feel like I have to ask him how he is - in fact, I wait for him to leave his room and come down to say hi to me when I visit. If he doesn't - his loss.

So I just want to say a huge thanks. When I first came here, I couldn't comprehend that somehow I coudl get better without my brother getting better. Now I know I can. And it's just from being here, realizing that no matter how messed up my family seems, here I can be normal. I don't have to hide things and put on a fake smile. I never would have thought just typing and reading some words on a website could make such a turnaround in my life.

From the bottom of my heart... thank you so much. I never want to go back to that place that I was in my life a few months ago.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rozied

So very glad you are feeling better about things. SR is a great place. I love all the people who come here they are the greatest & really care.
Love,
Diane
Come bk again.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am glad that you were able to detach and go on with your life. It would not have done anyone any good for you to be destroyed too. Glad that you found the help you needed here. Hugs, Marle