Another heart broken mom

Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another heart broken mom

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for almost a year, and if nothing else, I really had to come on here and thank ALL of you for your posts. Unbeknowst to you, you have been part of my support group for the past year!! I've spent hours on here reading, crying, laughing, smiling and learning. THANK YOU.

My AS is 21 yrs. old and is currently doing "okay," but I truly don't know, as he lives on his own. Sometimes out of sight, out of mind, is helpful to me- then other times I go crazy with worry when I don't hear from him. I've been working on the codie stuff, but still struggle... basically I feel like my life is a roller coaster- some days are great, others are not.

I'm just amazed at how much of us all have in common! It's such a blessing to not feel so all alone- even though I wish it was something else that we all had in common!!

I guess that's it for now, basically just wanted to say hello and thank you!
AquaBlue
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Aqua, welcome!
glad you finally posted
this place has been my salvation....mom of a 24 yr old AD
good to have you here and look forward to hearing from you again...hugs and prayers...Grateful
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Aquablue)))

Welcome to SR!

I, too, lurked for a long, long time before joining in. This is my "safe place" - where I can come for support, give a little support, vent, whine or ask for advice. The great people here have never let me down

We're glad you're here!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you! A great place to be, here at SR.

Welcome
Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I am the mom of an addicted daughter, age 22. She just moved out yesterday after being home for the last two months after her stay at a halfway house and rehab. And all I can say is Thank God because it is time. I am glad that you finally decided to post. Keep it up. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi aquablue, Glad you posted and nice to have you aboard. My sons an addict and hopefully doing well since he lives alone also and I don't see him daily. Heck~~I don't see him weekly. So, I'm never quite sure. I', praying someday I have some trust in him back but for today~~he's working a good job and taking care of himself. Stick around and share. I don't post daily but I sure am here reading every single day...Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Welcome to SR Aquablue. My son is the addict in my life. This is a great place to be if you have an addict in your life. I am glad you posted.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! My addict is my 37 year old daughter, the mother of three beautiful girls. I also go through the out of sight, out of mind, but for me I have a very hard time handling her in my life at all. My problem is the more she is out of sight I tend to forget all she has done to devastate our days (stealing, lying, chaos, drama), get missing her (or guilty for not making contact), make contact and it all starts again.

This is the place to be.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Welcome AquaBlue! :day4 Glad you decided to post! SR has been a lifesaver for me.
Meth was my doc, but coming up on 3 Amazing Years now! I couldn't be happier!! 2
Glad you are here!!!
:ghug2
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

AquaBlue- Here's an official Welcome from another Mom, now that you have
made yourself known.
My home is in CA too.
In my county there are 8 different al-anon mtg. just for parents. I've gone to the
one in my city for several yrs. Working the 12 steps of al-anon with other parents, along with the couple of fabulous friends I have made from the group has been the silver lining. You may want to check out al-anon meeting listings and emphasis for your
county online and give it a try if you haven't already done so.

My son is 24 and in his 3rd rehab He's been there as inpatient
for almost 8 mos. and is doing well. Yea !!
Know that things change.
My son has been prodded by me ea. time he's gone to rehab. because he was unable to make this decision without intervention.
I've gone stretches with distance between us and stepped in when his addiction progressed to a dangerous point.
I have hope and I have faith that my son will find a better way.

I also have my own program of recovery and have learned to keep my focus
where it belongs.

May your son finds a way to live his life w/o drugs and alcohol.
May you find a way to live with the joy you deserve no matter what your son is doing.

Please stick around to share your experience, strength, and hope.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you SO much for the warm welcome! Each one of your posts made me feel like I was being hugged!! I'm sure glad I decided to come out of "Lurkville!"

I do need to get into al-anon, and heard there was 1 for parents in my area. Thanks for that encouragement SS. I'm also on the CA coast! But, we all know there's a lot of coastline in CA! : )

I'm so happy for all of you whose loved ones are in recovery and doing well~ It's encouraging and I will always hold that hope and dream for my own son.

Blessing to all of you!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SS~ I can't PM yet (got a message saying I need 5 posts under my belt before I can PM)

Anyway, I'm about 5 hrs. north of you. I'm going to call tomorrow and get the scoop on the parent's meeting here. I'm ready for it.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome. Sorry for the reason you are here, but nice to know that you have decided to join us and benefit from all the wonderful support and love that resides here. One more friend to add to the list! HUGS
Old 10-10-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. you have found friends here that will be by so side 24/7. this site saved my sanity. i am the mom of an addict son. keep coming back. we r here. prayers for your son that he will find recovery & you too.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to sr . Another mom here, my two sons are both in and out of recovery. Its been a nightmare, but sr and alanon have helped me soo
much.
Hugs, stef
Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Aqua..
(MY favorite color!)
Glad you decided to join us.
Mom of 2 As's...one sober for today, one kind of sober

Hugs....
Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

welcome to SR--a great place and great people.

I am the mother of a 24 yo AD. This place saved my life.

susan
Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Lurking and reading is helpful but jumping in makes it even better because you soon feel the warmth here. I have a 38 RAD who has been clean from coke for a little over 4 months and this place and naranon saved me.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Aquablue. I'm the father os a 21 AS. Everyone here knows the pain and worries you experience. It's a great place to talk and to be heard.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Aquablue, I am new here also. Just found this site about a week ago. I am the mother of an 18 yo AS. I feel your pain!