Rehab Costs $$$$$$$!!!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I once read that the chances for sobriety are about the same as recovering from by-pass surgury. It all depends on what the patient does , once home.
If the patient relapses, goes back to eating Big Macs all the time, not exercising and smoking, it's not going to make any difference.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I dunno, I think it all makes a difference. We learn from everything we do.
We all get there when we get there and the journey just becomes a part
of our life along the way.

Life is just a process not really å destination.
I am pretty glad I have been through what I have and done what I have done,
I would not be near as enriched ås am now håd I not done and been where I have
now or gotten the gift to meet everyone here.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
I dunno, I think it all makes a difference. We learn from everything we do.
We all get there when we get there and the journey just becomes a part
of our life along the way.

Life is just a process not really å destination.
I am pretty glad I have been through what I have and done what I have done,
I would not be near as enriched ås am now håd I not done and been where I have
now or gotten the gift to meet everyone here.

Let me try that again....rehab, like open heart surgery, is an opportunity for a new begining. If one goes back to old habits....well then, one goes back.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
rehab is just a place to get out of the rain and dry off for a bit....it's NOT the answer, the solution, the cure. except for being isolated from the real world, you can pretty much get the same recovery info from AA or NA meetings.....you get as much OUT of recovery as you are willing to put IN.....

it takes what it takes. my husband did 3 different treatments over his 20 year using parade....he never walked out of the doors of rehab CURED, but his body and mind did get a chance to clean up and he did make the effort to stay clean for a few months at a time........back in '87 i was in a pretty bad place with drinking, and after a particularly awful night i got up the next morning, showered, and hit a noon AA meeting.......and stayed clean and sober for almost 8 years. in a row. til my life got boring as hell, and i felt like a autotron, a human doing instead of a human being, and my meeting attendance fell by the wayside and drinking again with my old drinking buddy (the one i'd had that awful night with so long ago) seemed like a reasonable idea.......

AA doesn't fail people. Rehab doesn't fail people. God doesn't......addiction is pure and simple a HUGE monster with many heads, cut one off, two more grow back......it takes an equally HUGE amount of effort by THE ADDICT to even gain neutral ground.........and the effort must be sustained, over a lifetime.
Ghetto Fab to That!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My health insurance will pay for one a year. Only their approved ones though.

I have Triwest and am a dependent. (military insurance). I am so very greatful that I had that insurance. The real work started when I got out though.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
cmc

I've known alot of people (my son included) who decided to stay in a halfway house environment where they work during the day, have meetings at night and face various restrictions based on the time spent there and their progress. His first stay there was court ordered and the second two were voluntary and not subsidized by us.

It's typically a six to nine month long program of addicts helping other addicts plus lots of meetings. An option after that program is to find a sober house or what is called a 3/4 house to transition into an environment with no restrictions imposed from an outside source. The fees are usuall quite affordable and most people can keep their jobs.