Update!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update!

oh boy.........ok so dave had court on Tuesday, he woke up in the morning with me on the phone after sleeping on a bench in the freezing cold, he went to where he put his court clothes and they were dripping went (from the frost i assume) so he calls mom and asks her to bring him more clothes and she flat out said NO she has given him a lot of clothes already taht are joes, so he says he cant go the way he looks, ripped jeans, blood on them from when he got jumped and so on, so he says hes not going, and he didnt go. He wanted to get back into a detox to get back in a 30 day program, EVERY place i called at least 15 places you had to go through detox first in order to get into the 30 day program, well you cant get into a detox unless you are detoxing, so he calls this guy brian that ran the other place he was at and he says, Unless you are high no one can help you at this point,,,,,,WTF is that about??? SO what does he do? GOes to walmart steals a flat screen monitor sells it for money to get high and gets high, gets caught and gets arrested, needless to say that night he didnt go to detox where he was planning to go, so mom and joe go to court with him yesterday and it was a woman judge (oh there was a warrant on him for not going to court also) so the judge asks what he wants and what mom and joe thinks and they all say detox, SO everypleace the court called was BOOKED solid not ONE bed, unless the court ordered him there he was out of luck, SO the court did a section 35 on him which is a court order for detox and rehab, he will be there unil nov 4th, and she told the other court that they just have to wait for him to clear up the warrant because clearly he needs help badly! SO after nov 4th mom and joe have to have a program set up for him and IF the judge agrees at that point (different court for that one) he can do the program, it will be a place he cant not leave from and have freedom until HE is ready for that and he needs that, if the judge doest agree then he will do jail time, but for now he is safe and getting the help he so badly needs. He cant make calls or anything so im going to write him today........im telling ya what a rough last few days its been, but we can rest now, he is safe........
Old 10-09-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Nichole))

I'm glad he's safe for a while. Now, sweetie, focus on YOU.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Every day he's in rehab is a gift for you. If you're not going to meetings please think about it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want to go to meetings but tehre are NONE in NH, how crazy is that!!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

prayers for him & for you. i hope he does well in rehab & it will be his time. i hate addiction. the addict can do such stupid things. i guess that is why they call it insanity.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nichole78 View Post
I want to go to meetings but tehre are NONE in NH, how crazy is that!!
Here you go, hope you can find one close to you

NH Al-Anon Alateen
Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you, i was looking for nar anon didnt know al anon would do the same, my mom goes and she swears by it, she started before my brother became an addict 10 months ago though
Old 10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Nichole,
Yes, Alanon is very good. Same 12 steps, and great support!
Glad to hear he's safe and sound. Miracles happen.

Hugs to you...
prayers for Dave