I need a hug

Old 10-09-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I need a hug

My AH relapsed a couple of months ago and has shown no signs of slowing down. My MIL and I talked about doing an intervention but we had a snag with my insurance. My insurance will not pay for long term inpatiant stay, they only pay for detox which is about three days.. Our lovely health care system at work!!!!! Rehab is 30K and my MIL is willing to foot the bill but she wants to make sure that my AH is sick and tired of himself before she shells out that kind of money and I don't blame her. 30K is a lot of money!!!

Money is kind of tight in our house right now and apparantly my AH ran out of his DOC because he had no money to buy them and is withdrawling. He told me last night that he wants help that he is tired of being a slave to this addiction. I talked to him about going to rehab but he wants to go to a suboxone clinic instead. While all that is fine and good, I think in the long run he will find himself right back where he is now if he does not do a good 6 weeks of inpatiant rehab. His words of wanting help are encouraging but his actions right now are not telling me that anything is changing.

I have been on this rollar coaster for about a year now.. and it's only recently that I have been finally brave enough to just surrender this to my HP. I know that my HP has a bigger plan then I do and I'm trying to put all my faith and trust in him that things will work out for both me and my husbands highest good. I know that there is a lesson in all of this but I'm not quite sure what it is yet. Maybe it's teaching me to love and put myself first, I have always had a hard time doing that but here lately I have had to do just that in order to survive.

I don't know what the future holds for me and my AH, I do not know if he is included in the bigger plan the Universe has for me or not. I try not to think about it and here lately have just been putting one foot in front of the other and concentrating on my journey.

But today, I need a hug because it hurts to see the person you love suffer and not be able to do anything about it. The love I have for him is great enough that I'm going to sit back and let him hurt, let him be sick and let him be miserable because at this point nursing him to health and coddeling him will only hurt him rather then help him..

Thanks for letting me share..
Old 10-09-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awwww, sweetie, sending you BIG hugs and prayers!

I hope your husband has hit bottom, but his actions don't really say that. I also hope that you can find a way to focus on you and what you want.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-09-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
Rehab is 30K and my MIL is willing to foot the bill but she wants to make sure that my AH is sick and tired of himself before she shells out that kind of money and I don't blame her. 30K is a lot of money!!!

Money is kind of tight in our house right now and apparantly my AH ran out of his DOC because he had no money to buy them and is withdrawling. He told me last night that he wants help that he is tired of being a slave to this addiction. I talked to him about going to rehab but he wants to go to a suboxone clinic instead. While all that is fine and good, I think in the long run he will find himself right back where he is now if he does not do a good 6 weeks of inpatiant rehab. His words of wanting help are encouraging but his actions right now are not telling me that anything is changing.
Hugs to you. It baffles me that people offer them treatment and they turn it down cause they want to do it their way (which usually never works). It's like the girl on Oprah a few weeks ago. She was pregnant and they were going to send her to rehab and foot the bill and she couldn't give them an answer because she didn't want to be away from her other daughter that long. and her Mom was willing to watch her daughter while she went and got help? I just don't understand. I am sorry you are going through this. Be strong and know that you have my support.:praying
Old 10-09-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending you lots of hugs!

My daughter told me if she's in withdrawals take everything she says with a grain of salt.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Old 10-09-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What your going through is hard. I hope you keep coming here and get lots of hugs!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i have plenty of hugs & prayers for you also.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jerect..... (((hugs)))... I have to be quick here...... but

check out some info on the BUP aka subutex/suboxone. From what I have read and have learned - I am a huge advocate for it.

Check out this forum

Your husband would get counseling through the program that would address his "go big /go home" mentality - meaning the need to take more of everything. Or using in a form of self medicating. The subs are just a bandaid.... not a cure - but it provides time to to help the addict live on life's terms.... and if properly weaned off of it.... ie. long taper - the withdrawals aren't all that bad. The key thing is doing the taper.

AND your insurance might cover it!

Thinking of you while I was on my way to work this morning...... so coming in and seeing this thread - was a telepathic type experience.

You are taking care of you - you have resigned this to your HP - you are doing good. Very proud of you chica!

Peace xoxoxo

Last edited by greeteachday; 10-10-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending you some big Hugs and a prayer for peace and serenity coming your way too. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BBD

Big hugs coming your way.....I agree with the insurance problem, around the US... I bet more addicts would get help if it wasn't so hard to find..and so darn expensive.. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lots and lots of hugs. :ghug3
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hugs and Prayers from me too! :praying
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
turning red!

BIG HUG coming your way from Hong Kong
~~~~~~~~~~~~(((((((((Jerect)))))))))~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

talking about rehab, don't they have government rehab in US? My abf is currently in a state rehab and don't pay anything. Hope hubby will get back on track soon
xox
Old 10-10-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

It just now sunk in that your MIL is willing to shell out 30 grand for rehab whoa.... Salvation Army is free...and they have a great program for people who want to get clean. There is so much free help I just hate to hear of an older woman shelling out that kind of cash....

((((((BIGHUGS))))))