OT update on the robbery

Old 10-07-2008, 05:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

amy, i do not know the story but i am so glad you are ok. i know this was a scary experience for you to say the least. you are awesome. prayers & a big hug,
Old 10-07-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I found out, when I talked to my store manager that my friend (and mgr who was on duty with me that night-he was pepper-sprayed) was locked up for "something" on his record, but it didn't sound too bad.

My friend, Desirae, that works in the other store, calls me last night and said "did you know D was arrested for an old MURDER WARRANT"....uh, no I didn't know that.

I know how the rumor mill gets totally out of control at work, so I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude. This man has been a good friend to me, helped me with my resume, and has given me lots of good advice on how to deal with things at work, and about getting another job.

He also goes out of his way to talk to the cops who come in to eat, so that doesn't sound like someone who is avoiding an old murder warrant.

I go back to work tonight, will get off at 1 a.m. I'm using my recovery tools to stay out of the BS about D. I don't like it when rumors get spread about ME, and I won't be a part of spreading them about anyone else.

This is a big improvement for me...I ususally get in on ALL the gossip, but I'm just too old and too tired of it to get into it any more.

I'm only working a few hours, then have my regular 2 nights off. I've gotten several phone calls from people I used to work with at the other store, wanting to make sure I was okay.

I'm alive, I have some awesome friend (here and f2f), and in 2 days I will have 19 months clean. Life is good, even if you get whacked upside the head with a gun....just a little reminder to enjoy every day and make the most of it

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Life is good, even if you get whacked upside the head with a gun....just a little reminder to enjoy every day and make the most of it
That is my gratitude saying for the day. Life is good, even if you get whacked upside the head with a gun.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm loving that quote too! Amy, you were a victim first but chose to become a survivor. That is a testimony to your recovery and all that you have put into it