OT-robbed again, hit in the head

Old 10-05-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-robbed again, hit in the head

I'm okay, but I was hit with a gun and have 6 staples in my head.

Three guys, halloween masks and guns came in and I was the only one up front (about 5:15 a.m.) I was in shock and it took a few seconds to realize what was going on. Hard to understand the one guy because of the stupid mask, but laid down. He had the gun literally on the back of my head.

He started yelling what I thought was "call" and I didn't know who he wanted me to call, so he hit me. He wanted me to crawl. When I did, I realized my head was bleeding pretty bad. The other 2 had gone to the office. I had to crawl over to the other side of the restaurant and he wanted me to open the registers. Told him I didn't have the code (I lied) and the other's started yelling about the registers. They ran out, got to the front door, and I ran to the register to hit the silent alarm.

Went to check on D (my supervisor) and he had his arm over his eyes, a little bit of blood on the floor. I thought he was crying and hurt, called 911. He had been pepper sprayed.

While I had 911 on the phone, was also using my cell phone to call my store manager...went to voice mail. Called HIS boss...went to voice mail. Called my best friend's store, which is 4 miles down the road (and was robbed 2 weeks ago) and told my friend to find me a f'ing manager.

Cops and ambulance came. The one guy had gone through my pants pocket, took my car keys and $14 I had in their. He didn't get my $41 in tips that was in my apron.

I was at the ER forever. CT scan done, everything fine. Had a cop babysit me until the detective came, then he came back later to take me back to the store. He said I was the most hilarious victim he'd ever met and he loved my attitude.

Apparently the robbers still have my keys and I had the spare on the same ring. Had to pay $165 to get into my car and get a new key, and have now maxed out all my credit cards. My mgr is going to try to get the company to pay me back for the key.

Had a long talk with my mgr. We are now shutting down the dining room at 2 a.m., except Fri. and Sat. when we will shut it down at 3. I have been trying to find a way to cut back my hours, and still keep my insurance so I can do more work for dad, so this may work out. I will be going to 2nd shift, and I reminded him that I had more seniority than anyone else there. He promised me he would do whatever possible to let me get hours.

I'm not going in tonight. I'm okay physically, but I just want to cry. Really frustrated and broker than ever.

I'll be okay, but I think I deserve a good cry.

Sorry this was so long.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

OH AMY!
I am so glad you got away with your life, thank God....

Amy, my first thought was, gotta work somewhere else, please, but that is easier said than done, I know.
I love what you said about the police officer digging your attitude.. but of course thats our Amy....

I don't need to tell you to take it easy and get good rest, and the tears are needed to release the stress your body absorbed through all of that while you were being so strong and brave...
sending you prayers of healing and a speedy resolve on getting a return of your funds regarding the key...wishing you a quiet, healing day.. Grateful
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, Amy, Amy..........so sorry you had to go through such a terrifying, traumatic thing, please remember we are all pulling for you and sending hugs and prayers.

Cry all you want -- let it out......you need to....like you said you deserve to! This may take some time to work through, but it will happen. As for the being broke part, I know things will work out for you....with all that you've been through already, coming so far....you will make it through, I just know it!

BIG GIANT HUGS,
Rica
Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy, I'm so sorry you had to go through such a horrifying experience. You deserve a good cry. (((((hugs and prayers))))))
Old 10-05-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, Amy! I am so sorry you had to go through that but I am so glad that you are okay!! Be gentle on yourself and get some rest.

That is so horrible with what happened. I know it was a traumatic experience for you.

Sending healing hugs and thoughts your way!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AMY! What a nightmare! I'm so glad you're alive and still have a smart mouth on you. What a rotten thing to have happen and what rotten people for doing it. I hope you will get back the money you lost and that you heal quickly both physically and spiritually.

I believe karma owes you a big debt for all you do here - helping people literally all over the world with your encouragement and support - and I believe those good things are going to come back to you in a big way. Fast recovery and big warm virtual hugs coming your way. Open up those arms...
Old 10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank goodness you are allright!!!!!!!!! Hope you mend quickly.....
Old 10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Oh Amy!
Thank God you're alright!

What a terrible scary thing to happen, glad you wouldn't hurt worse than you were, but I imagine the image will take a long time to go way.

Hugs to you.....
Old 10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Amy)))

Glad you're taking some time for yourself to deal with all this. What an aweful thing to experience! So glad that you are physically going to recuperate! Take care of yourself! Hoping that something good comes out of all this for you!

Take care of yourself!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank God your didn't get killed. You need a new job this stuff happens to often.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Amy, Sending you some prayers that you will be okay. Is there a victims fund in your area that could help you recoup some of what you lost. You just rest and cry if you need to. That was a very traumatic thing for you to have to go through. Sending you some big mama hugs. Marle
Old 10-05-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

im really sorry that all this sh*t happened to you. you have my prayers today. hope you feel better soon.
:ghug3
Old 10-05-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am glad that you are all right and will recover, but know how scary a robbery can be.

Please contact Georgia's Victim's Assistance and they can help you get reimbursed for the ER, your keys, and................................your time off work. Also, if you feel you may need counseling for some PTSD that may arise after the fact, they will be able to help you with that also.

Most folks don't know that all the states now have a department for Victims Assistance, some are state run, and some are county run, please check into it.

Stay safe. Glad to hear you are going to second shift.

Here in NM, it is now a law, that any business open from 11Pm on until 7AM in the morning MUST be staffed by MALE EMPLOYEES ONLY. Our state, when they passed this law, made if very clear, that they
were NOT looking down on the female population, just protecting them, as many are mothers and we cannot afford to lose them.

Again, be safe, take it easy for a few days, let your body heal from the stress.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks, so much, everyone.

The tears didn't seem to come, then a very dear friend here at SR just sent me some money on PAYPAL...now the waterfall has started.

I am truly blessed to know the friends I have here. After I got my "cigarette fix", I couldn't wait to come home and get my "SR fix".

The money was a very unexpected surprise, but the love, support, hugs, and good thoughts that come from all of you is every bit as important.

I will have 19 months clean in a few days, and you have all helped me get there.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Aww, Amy... Bless your dear SR friend....
Old 10-05-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

aaaaaaaaw Amy!!!! I LOVE SR!!!!

Love - I am so sorry that you experienced that last night.

I'll tell ya.... they are very lucky to have you!

Are you okay injury wise? Please be good to yourself... and follow up with the doctor. Did they find the robbers? I'm glad they didn't go off with your tip money.

Again - please be kind to yourself... pamper yourself ... relax.... chat on the phone.... surround yourself with love.... etc. Maybe watch some movies? I don't know... those are just some ideas. But most of all - know that we all love ya a bunch!!!!!!!!!

Peace xoxoxoxo
Old 10-05-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amy that sounds so scary, I got chills reading about it. I am so glad you are ok hon. I will be praying for you.

You said they have your car keys, I am hoping that is all that was on that ring? Please be safe.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

the only other key on the ring was my house key, and they have no way of knowing where I live (40 miles away). Of course my neat little "clicker" that lets me lock/unlock the car and the panic button was also on there. I will have to get used to using the key to unlock the car

((Laurie)) - thanks for the info...I am going to check out the victim's assistance thing right now. The ER bills will all be paid under workmen's comp. They didn't get any info on where I work at the hospital, but I told them it was workmen's comp. I assured my boss that any bills I get will be promptly given to HIM! I can imagine with an ambulance ride and a CT scan they won't be cheap.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-05-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm in a place right now where I can't help but say get a new lock for your house, just to be safe. I know what you mean about the clicker, I would be lost without mine. I know where I am an amublance ride runs about six hundred, I don't remember how much my CT cost but they are not cheap. If I were your boss I would be so grateful that you hadn't quit I would pay it in a heart beat and give you a bonus. Peace Amy and heal quickly.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are alive to tell the story! I'm also glad you were able to cry a little and I hope the tears come a little easier now. Quite a few years ago I read a study that tears contain toxins and, if we don't shed them, we reabsorb the toxins.

Hang in there Amy and hold onto your serenity. You're in my prayers