One Small Thing

Old 10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One Small Thing

Another lovely thought from Ralph Marsden's daily reading that I'd like to share with you/

One Small Thing

One good thing naturally leads to another. So go ahead, right now, and do one good thing.

Just one simple positive step is enough to create some solid momentum. Go ahead and take that small step.

The challenges of life may seem overwhelming. Get yourself moving, just a little bit at first, in a positive direction, and those challenges will suddenly feel a lot smaller.

You don't get to the top of the mountain in one enormous leap. You get there one small step at a time, and from the moment you begin the view just keeps getting better and better.

What one small thing could you choose to set the tone for the rest of this day, or even for the rest of your life? There are so many possibilities available to you.

Move just a little bit in the direction that you know is good and right for you. Once you get going, you won't want to stop.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 10-04-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I first began recovery, it was hard for me to get started. I felt overwhelmed by the problem and the solution just didn't seem simple to me.

Going to a meeting was one small thing. Listening to others share and seeing the inner peace they had made me want what they had.

Coming to SR was another small thing. Learning to say no and trying it out for the first time was one BIG thing, but it helped.

Recovery isn't about getting it all at once. Rather it is about baby steps, or one small thing at a time.

And each day, doing one small thing extra, like lighting a candle and just meditating for a moment enjoying the light and the scent and then saying a prayer for all our addicts who still suffer...is one small thing that brings me peace each day that I do it.

Try it, try doing one small thing that you might not have done before reading this. I'll bet that one small thing makes a big difference in your day.

Hugs
Old 10-05-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Thanks Ann
You just reminded me that when Im down all I have to do is one small thing step by step to make the difference.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a wonderful reading! Thanks for posting that! :ghug