Saw My Son Today

Old 10-03-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

Saw My Son Today

I went to see Joey today. He looked good & I think I noticed a change in him for the better. He didn't seem so wired & hyper as he used to be. He seemed alot calmer & alot more accepting of well everything.
He didn't get that job cuz he has no valid drivers license. I am keeping my eyes on The Lord cuz thats the only way I can deal with any of this. I am praying he will find a job. He told me he has till Oct 25th. I guess if he doesn't find one he has to go back to jail. ( I'm not sure )
Boy, life is sure hard sometimes. Like my parents always told me its mostly hard work!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I PM'd you. Remember the 3 C's. Take care of you today. Prayer is the best thing you can offer him right now.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got to see your son and he looked healthy. I hope he finds a job too. Things are tough all over these days. Life is hard work and recovery is hard work too. Is he going to meetings or anything?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Rozied)))
I know how you feel. I prayed and prayed our youngest would find a job. He put in application, after application...he was determined he'd find something. And thank God, he has. An electrical Company hired him as an apprentice. Sending prayers for Joey, that someone gives him a chance.

Hugs.........
Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi rozied, I'm sure glad that joey looked good when you saw him. Thats enough to make us feel a little better. Now a job is in the works~~~he just has to find it. Being honest and telling his story just may help. There are some wonderful people out there and I'm praying he finds one of them...Hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 10-03-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you got to see him Rozied. My prayers that all works out and he takes another step forward.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks everyone. Yes he has said he is going to be honest & tell everyone he goes to the truth. As my dad told him what good is getting a job by lying & when they find out you get fired. You know I believe he will tell the truth this time as if he gets a job & is fired he goes back to jail. His HP has put him exactely where he needs to be.
You know yesterday I actually found myself feeling sorry that he had to sell his car to pay a lawyer. So far my ex & his cousin have not come to pick it up. Joey told my dad if they decide not to take it you should sell it. I must have had a brain freeze cuz I actually was insinuating he should be abel to drive even though his license is suspended.
If u knew how many times he has done this & all it has brought was more grief & everytime he does drive & gets caught he gets another yr suspension. I HAVE ALWAYS told him not to drive & got mad at my parents for helping him to get a car etc when he has no license. Now they are telling him not to drive & I was being soft. Where was my head. I guess I was feeling like that cuz he is suspended till 2015 I think but he has to start somewhere. If he doesn't drive at all eventually he will get it back just like my ex husband did.
I told my dad last nite to sell the car asap!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Rozied)))

I'm glad you got to see Joey and he sounds and looks much better.

I've never lost my driver's license, but didn't have a car for a while. I'm lucky that the bus system in Atlanta is pretty decent. Most of the people I work with don't have cars/licenses either. The point is, it's hard but it's doable, and it sounds like Joey may now have that ambition to do right.

Hugs and prayers to you both!

Amy
Old 10-04-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Rozied,
I am happy for you that you saw your son an he looks good to you. I hope he is going to make better choices now for himself it sounds like it. Sorry to hear about the car but it is a good idea to sell it if he can't drive. Saying prayers for you and family ((((hugs))):praying
Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
turning red!

Hi Rozied, glad he is in a right place right now and actively looks for a job.
I cross fingers a job comes along before the 25th.
Hugs to you (and don't blame yourself to be soft sometimes: you're a mum afterall ;P
x
Carine
Old 10-04-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks Funky,
God Bless You,
Diane
Old 10-04-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You sound in a good, surrendered place as far as the job thing. If it's part of his path to go back to jail, then that's what will be best; hopefully what's best is a job!! God does have his hands of protection over addicts, especially the ones that are trying to the right things.