After 8+ months clean, son has relapsed and disappeared

Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
watching the clouds roll away

Dad -- I just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you and your son. It is so painful to have a peace and stability that you had begun to recognize as normal taken away from you.

Please continue to post here. It was the number one reason for me to be able to deal with the pain of watching someone I loved deal with an addiction. It gave me strength and comfort. I am wishing the same for you.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Well doggone it...

There are so many wise parents here who have walked this walk, and many have already posted. Getting out of the way so his HP can help him is a good plan, so is taking your own stuff one day at a time so it doesn't get too big and hairy and scary. I've read so many stories from As and their parents that it took more than once to get it right, but that taste of a sober lifestyle doesn't go away... and it DOES get in the way of their next research trip. Hopefully he'll remember what it was like to be clean and sober and will want to get back to that lifestyle soon.

Hugs- I know it's not easy. Take good care of yourself, too.

Cats
Old 10-05-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hurting dad, I'm sorry your son has relapsed. He had quite a bit of time in clean. He knows what he has to do and how to find his way back. I know how painful it is, remember he is in Hp's hands. Please be kind to your self. Prayers to you and your son.