How do they do it?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
And what if children find the hidden drugs?

I hid my meds from my AS...and locked them up too. He could find them blindfolded with me in the next room or just out the front door getting my mail.
"What if's" will kill you. My children are smart enough they would tell me they found something. My son told me this morning. They are very educated on the matter.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Originally Posted by littlebird77 View Post
couple of comments, my mom stayed married to my dad who was an alcoholic, and it messed me up all around.

I have to kind of laugh because it is AMAZING how they can find a pill right??? You'd think if they can find A pill they could find A job, right?

Trick is the sound pills make in a jar. I have to say, as a past pill popper myself, its like a musical instrument. Deep sound, would be a horse pill like vicodin, light high pitch sound klonopin, higher, a xanax stick...

Put cotton balls in the bottle to hide the sound.... I have a pocket shoe rack, and would put them in a shoe, there... In the past to hide my own stash, I would put it where you would put batteries in a stereo... I also had split them up, so as not to have them all in the same spot.

Right now, even though he is not here, I have them in the tampon box.
Very sorry to hear you are/were messed up. That is so sad. Again, I say......I am married only on paper. We have not lived together for seven years. Same as being divorced. He is there father and always will be.
My husband is also a professional and makes excellant money. He is working as an independant contractor and the CEO does not put him on paper. There is nothing I can do. I've already contacted child support, the attorneys, etc.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Originally Posted by wooforever View Post
Well since you are not going get a divorce, or leave him for the money reason. When I used I would put them in my remotes, stuffed animals, taped to the bottom of anything I could.

You are married to an addict it will never change as long as you stay with them. As for him seeing his kids, and supporting you. YOu can always turn him in for working under the table, you can get on welfare until you get on your feet. The kids do not need to be around an addict, they see what you are allowing and are going to be just like you.
I wouldn't turn him in and risk being on the street with my kids so that is not an option. I am also not WITH him. He lives two hours away and has for several years. He will always be there father......forever. My children can most definitly be like me. They see a strong independant woman who does not allow her boundaries to be crossed.They are not in harms way. No need to be concerned.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

sorry, but if it does not bother you and everything is going well and you are happy with the way you are living your life... THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? You seem to have all the answers. You want to know where to hide your meds? The same place you are hiding the acceptance that you are not being controlled by an alcoholic. Sorry, but as mentioned you may THINK you have everything going well, but you are just playing a game. You are teaching your children that you have to stay married by paper and allow this, so you can get some money and not be on the street. You are staying with a man for the money, and it's not even honest money. Money under the table is not honest and is one of the reasons why my taxes are so high. Well, the ending of my story is that my mom did step up to the plate and divorced my dad... She raised three girls by herself and we were never on the street. Yes, I did mess my life up for a while, but that was while I had a 3.8, Dean's List every semester, with my full scholarship, and my job, no one knew what I was really up to and no one ever found out... Sorry for the rant, but I have come across some of your posts and quite honestly I think you come across as an arrogant... uh my time is up?... thank you for letting me share.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree with LB - this is NO WAY to live. Hopefully you can find some good hiding places and some peace for yourself and your family. It sounds like you've not been happy for a long time and have been struggling for a while.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Stubborn you and I have talked and you know I am not going to tell you how to live. You asked a question and I am going to give you my best answers. Mine are based on cash, not meds but I think they may work and I think you had some other pretty good answers on this.

I have an aquarium, had it for years. I kept money in the water test kit. In the tampon box. Taped up under the night stand. Have screw gun, will hide..the electric boxes always work. Outlets, light switches, all have just enough room. In the dishwasher soap box. In a ziploc since we are talking about meds, behind a picture frame. Under the television. In a dvd case for say, oh the complete season of a soap opera. The possibilities are endless. You are a creative girl and he does not live there, you can figure something out just don't ever put them in the bank or in a change jar lol.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey y'all, ease up ok? We can't live for her and this is her choice not ours. If you don't agree with her that is ok, I understand. Let's not jump on each other though. When Stubborn decides she has had enough trust me she won't be shy about it. Take care and peace.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My apologies, it's just that it is very parallel to the life I had growing up and as mentioned, I was very intelligent in school. It bothers me, because my mom thought that we were fine, and were not, and it took her a long time to figure that out. I had wished she would have left sooner, we did not need the house, and all the material things, we needed the security.... and even when they were divorced, that once in a while when dad would come by would be terrible because we never knew what condition he would be in. Mind you he was a New York City police officer, so in saying that, it was not like he was some homeless guy coming by... I just don't understand why if we offer suggestions, why they are not taken into consideration, it just seems like many of the posts are replied with a defense rather then a ear of critique.

Originally Posted by TooMuch4TooLong View Post
Hey y'all, ease up ok? We can't live for her and this is her choice not ours. If you don't agree with her that is ok, I understand. Let's not jump on each other though. When Stubborn decides she has had enough trust me she won't be shy about it. Take care and peace.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

sorry, but if it does not bother you and everything is going well and you are happy with the way you are living your life... THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? You seem to have all the answers. You want to know where to hide your meds? The same place you are hiding the acceptance that you are not being controlled by an alcoholic. Sorry, but as mentioned you may THINK you have everything going well, but you are just playing a game. You are teaching your children that you have to stay married by paper and allow this, so you can get some money and not be on the street. You are staying with a man for the money, and it's not even honest money. Money under the table is not honest and is one of the reasons why my taxes are so high. Well, the ending of my story is that my mom did step up to the plate and divorced my dad... She raised three girls by herself and we were never on the street. Yes, I did mess my life up for a while, but that was while I had a 3.8, Dean's List every semester, with my full scholarship, and my job, no one knew what I was really up to and no one ever found out... Sorry for the rant, but I have come across some of your posts and quite honestly I think you come across as an arrogant... uh my time is up?... thank you for letting me share.
My husband treats cancer so your family can fight it if gawd forbid they have it. It's called an independant contractor. I don't see what your schooling has to do with this post.......but to each their own.
Why am I here? Let's see.......I'm married to an alcoholic and do not live with him. Kudo's to your mom, my mother raised four. Different time and age. Welcome to 2008
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I agree with LB - this is NO WAY to live. Hopefully you can find some good hiding places and some peace for yourself and your family. It sounds like you've not been happy for a long time and have been struggling for a while.
I'm not happy because he found a way to get a hold of my medications???? Ummmmmmmm ok........???:wtf2
Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

My apologies, it's just that it is very parallel to the life I had growing up and as mentioned, I was very intelligent in school. It bothers me, because my mom thought that we were fine, and were not, and it took her a long time to figure that out. I had wished she would have left sooner, we did not need the house, and all the material things, we needed the security.... and even when they were divorced, that once in a while when dad would come by would be terrible because we never knew what condition he would be in. Mind you he was a New York City police officer, so in saying that, it was not like he was some homeless guy coming by... I just don't understand why if we offer suggestions, why they are not taken into consideration, it just seems like many of the posts are replied with a defense rather then a ear of critique.
Can I remind you that YOUR life is not MY life. I don't have to "leave" anywhere because I have not lived with him for seven years. As far as his condition he does not come here drinking. You are putting my life as if it were yours and there are no similarities as hard as you try. I do have a nice house and my children are very secure. They do not have a wacked out father that comes by now and again. He is very loving and caring when he is here.
Sorry your life was so horrible I really am.
I find being seperated is wonderful. I do not have to deal with him on a regular basis. I will always keep my house. He has his residence and I have mine.
Even if we were divorced on paper, he is still their father and he would still visit them.
I would be happy to take your advice if there were some that pertained to my situation.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

-wow-
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubborn1 View Post
Can I remind you that YOUR life is not MY life.
Hi Stubborn - all we can do here on SR is share our ES&H. So that's what we do, then we take what we want and leave the rest. I have found SR to be a great place to come to for support. Hope you find what you need in the replies to your posts, and as always, I appreciate everyone who takes the time to share.

As for the questions of hiding places, my experience is that I have many, but honestly, tonight, I am tired of the hiding.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the OP's question has been asked and answered and now things aren't going in a positive direction. We are here to share our experience, strength and hope, not to tell or to critique each other's responses. Let's all remember one of SR's rules and respect each other:

"Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums. We are here to share our experience and offer peer support."

Thanks