a day of peace....

Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75

a day of peace....

So finally I had a good night's sleep after 3 nights of interrupted nights. My son has moved out and back in with his dad (even though his dad agreed to stand strong with me about this). Whatever. I know that I need to stay strong and I'm doing well while I'm busy. But on the way home tonight, in the quiet of my car, sadness rolled in on me. I'm okay, though. What choice do I have? I can curl up in a corner and cry or I can keep moving, focusing on my life and how I can survive.

It's funny, when I start to melt, I hear the words from this forum echoing in my head. Thanks all for your encouragement.
krhea
Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just wanted to let you know I said a prayer for you an your son. I know it's hard an it hurts but stay strong. I so admire you for sticking to you guns.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((kr)))

You did the right thing! The parents on this board, their strength and love, the courage it takes to do what needs to be done for your children in the long-run, for yourself... Amazing stuff!

I think so many times we get lost in doing what "looks" like the right thing. But, in some cases - addiction being the biggest one - what "looks" like caring usually is enabling and hurting instead of helping! It's not an easy road.

Don't curl up, but it's understandable wanting to!

Hugs to you!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krhea75 View Post
I can keep moving, focusing on my life and how I can survive.
Yes, you can.....in fact, keep focusing on taking care of you and in time you will do more than survive...you will find peace and serenity. It might not happen overnight, but it will happen.....keep sharing and posting....we're here for you!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

I am praying for you & your son.
You know since coming to SR I noticed the kids that make it have parents that are very tough and won't put up with them using. Its up to you what you do about it but IMHO stay strong, this is the only way to help your son.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Krhea, you know if you read your posts, your recovery is shining brightly. Just being aware of your feelings, even the sad ones, and being able to accept the pain of transition, is a huge step, and one that will keep you on a good path.

Your son remains in my prayers, as do you, and just for today all is exactly as it should be.

Hugs