Hello Everyone!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

Hi! I've been coming to this site for soo long now. I registered over a year ago, but I don't think I have ever posted before. I have been struggling with codependency issues for the last 6 years. I always think I have a handle on them, but I know I don't. I've had some eye opening experiences lately that have led me back to this community. I've been wanting to get involved and post and stuff, but I never really know what to say. So I thought this would be a good ice breaker. I'm going to my first al-anon meeting tonight I'm a little nervous, but I know it is what I need right now.
Thanks for listening!

Alex
Old 09-29-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Alex,
Welcome to Sober recovery, glad you decided to join us.

Alanon is good.

Hugs,
Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery. You have a whole host of new friends - who have been through similar things to you - and have made changes in their lives. I gives me hope!

I've been going to Alanon for years - nothing like face to face meetings to see others emotions.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler
Old 09-29-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome alexdee,

Glad you decided to post and attend your first al-anon meeting.

I remember my first meeting, wasn’t sure I was gonna go back but so happy I did.

Can’t wait to hear what you though of your first meeting.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Welcome Alexdee~~~ Hood for you deciding to attend Alanon. My first meeting wasn't what I thought it would be so keep going and you'll meet some new friends that can help. Keep coming back here also. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 09-29-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
God's Kid

Al Anon rocks.
Hope it helps you.

:ghug2
Old 09-30-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the nice welcome and encouraging words.
The meeting was okay. There are several others in my area that I am going to check out. I think a step study type meeting might be good for me right now. Just to listen and learn and get some insight. But I will keep trying meetings.
Today has been a particularly rough day. You know, where you just want to curl up in a ball and die? Yeah, that kind of a day.
Well, thanks again.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Alex,
Welcome!! Glad you took the step to start posting.
There are alot of wonderful people on here to listen and understand what you feel and offer good support.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. But don't worry, those feelings won't always be there. You have to ride the wave through it.

Hugs
~Limiya~
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alex... These are huge steps for you... al-anon and posting here. My mantra is "just keep moving forward." I know those days... sorry you are having a bad one. Keep coming back here. There are wonderfully wise people who have helped me soooo much... perhaps it can help you too. It helps just to know that others care and there are others who are going through the same or similar things. Welcome.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Alex!!!

I'm glad you're here and you are going to meetings. Sorry you had a rough day, and I DO know the feeling of wanting to curl up and die...or at least make the world go away for a while I always come here, on those days, and the support is amazing.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Alex,

Welcome! Hope tomorrow is a better day. Been there for the curling up thing and somedays I just want to stay in bed and sleep the day away hoping it will all be better when I finally wake up. Everyone is here to help and what a wonderful blessing they all are.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome, i am glad you are here. keep going to meetings till you find the one you feel comfortable with. some times it takes more times of going before you do. we are here for you & when you feel comfortable here you can share your story. remember that here & at meetings we all are going through the sma things.keep coming back. prayers,