My daughter was in a car wreck

Old 09-28-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((((Chino&Family)))))))))

Sorry for getting in so late on this. Thank God your daughter is hanging in there. Ya'll be strong. Prayers going out for you.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

(((Chino)))

Thanks for the update. I, too, think HP gave her a very special nurse to take care of her.

Now, another little "nursey" advice....get some rest when you can. She is being taken care of very well, it sounds like. She will need care when she gets home, and that is going to take a toll on you mentally and physically. You wouldn't be a good mom if it didn't I always used to BEG family members to take care of themselves, while we were taking care of their loved ones.

Just don't wear yourself out now, sweetie...a broken hip takes a good while to recover from.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

They moved her out of the trauma unit late last night. They needed the space and she is stabilized. We're big football fans around here and the first thing she said was "now we can watch the football game!" They moved her surgery to Monday so she gets a day of quiet and something to eat and drink until then. She gulped down a Sprite so fast and said it was the best moment in her entire life.

I can't remember if I mentioned she asked for the least amount of opiates possible? I know that may very well change after surgery but for now, she is still concerned with recovery. I have a profound respect for her and this battle she faces.

We came home and are headed back up there in a few minutes. When I laid down it was the second time in my life I've groaned and moaned from the relief.

I still can't thank you all enough. Each and every shared experience I've read on this board has stayed with me during all this. When I heard that voice say "you're ok, it isn't you" it was telling I'm whole and in one piece, don't fall apart. It was all your voices and love stretching across the miles.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
I can't remember if I mentioned she asked for the least amount of opiates possible? I know that may very well change after surgery but for now, she is still concerned with recovery. I have a profound respect for her and this battle she faces.
so much to be thankful for...wow, good for her...glad the tough part is almost over and now for some healing and quality mother-daughter bonding...
continued prayers.. Grateful
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way...

Eileen
Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Chino,
Great for her, she sounds like she is looking after herself, and staying in tune on her recovery road.

If she can handle this, that gal can handle anything.

And like Immperrfect said, you get plenty of rest. She's being taken care of with competent hands, and you're going to need strength when she comes home. Unfortunately, they sure don't keep them in the hospital as long as they use to!

And chocolate malted milkshakes......yum......

Hugs....
Old 09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

praying for your family...
I don't know what the odds are, but I do know this disease of addiction likes to wreak havok and does a good job of it. but how good that everyone is recieving the treatment they need, including you who found time and energy in the middle of everything to check in with us for support.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Chino, thank you for keeping us posted. Prayers are with you all.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you all again.

They've delayed her jaw surgery again until tomorrow, it was a very busy weekend for the trauma unit and others are needing life saving surgery ahead of her. Every time that helicopter landed it took off again. The trauma waiting room was so full it became a hazard and they had to send families to other floors.

I've always believed in the power of prayer and this is no exception! After her hip was immobilized for two days and her not fighting it, the ortho team decided she doesn't need surgery to repair it. Yay!!! They gave her a walker and she's moving around a little.

On a sobering note, they had to change her painkillers. The pain was beginning to affect her blood pressure and heart rate and they had no choice but to put her on the lowest dose of Dilaudid, her DOC, and Percocets. The Beast is wide awake but she is alive and in one piece so I'm in that place that says it is what it is. Her trauma team will speak to her sub doctor today and they'll start working on what needs to be done for her pain and addiction.

She isn't climbing the walls for more drugs and she isn't pain free either. She's riding out the waves of pain in between dosages because she knows she has too. All those extra receptors in her brain are screaming but she isn't. Just for today, she is hanging onto her recovery.

I'm calling my therapist today and scheduling an appointment. I've maintained my serenity and want to keep it that way. I'm also going to find an Alanon meeting close to the hospital.

It's all in God's hands, the doctors, and hers. Please keep those prayers coming, we all depend on them and thank you again.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

thank you for the update..
Chino, your recovery and hers are shining so bright!
prayers continue as all your needs are met, as you both walk through these challenges laid before you..you are doing all the next right things...very inspiring...hope you are able to get some rest, momma Grateful
Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks for the update Chino. Give your daughter our love and prayers as well
as yourself.
That is great news about the hip surgery! Really glad to hear that..

She must be so Thankful to have you right now.....

Love & Light..
Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Chino)))
Thanks for the update. Great news that she doesn't need hip surgery.
Keep up your strength....

Hugs, and prayers...
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Chino~~ My heart is with you and your daughter. I'm hoping today is a good one for both of you. Hang in there hon. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

((Chino))

So glad to hear about no hip surgery!!!

I know you're worried about her being on the Dilaudid, but remember...she has some good recovery under her belt. It sounds like she is being responsible about it, and trying to deal with the breakthrough pain. I've had to take pain meds a couple of times in my recovery, and we CAN do it, especially if our doctors are aware of our addiction (which her's are).

Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

Sending you all big hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-29-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sending prayers, Chino. This must be very hard. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-29-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Chino,

You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts. Sounds like you are really doing the best you can to maintain your strength and serenity - Keep it up.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

hugs and prayers to you and your family. God bless you. She is in a good place and prayerfully this is the last wake up call.

susan

Last edited by caileesnana; 09-30-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Wow, I just caught this. Im so sorry to hear of this. Lots of support, strength, and prayers heading your way.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Chino - you are handling yourself with so much dignity. I admire your strength. Prayers for your daughter from Ohio.