Do miracles happen???????

Old 09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

Do miracles happen???????

I'm not sure if I really believe in miracles quite yet but seeing Chris this week-end was so nice. We got to see where he is working and met a few of the fellas he's working with. Then Sat. night he joined us for a while to listen to the oldies and have some laughs. He seems so happy and loves living away from here. I suppose thats because this was his playground and noone knows of his past there. Thats OK with me.....and I'm praying he's on his path to recovery. I'm just so darn afraid of relapses. Sometimes I think I would have been better off in the dark not knowing so much about addiction~~~but then again if I didn't~~~~~I wouldn't be so strong now. So~~~things are OK here for today....Luv ya guys, Bonnie
Old 09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBD View Post
I'm not sure if I really believe in miracles quite yet but seeing Chris this week-end was so nice. We got to see where he is working and met a few of the fellas he's working with. Then Sat. night he joined us for a while to listen to the oldies and have some laughs. He seems so happy and loves living away from here. I suppose thats because this was his playground and noone knows of his past there. Thats OK with me.....and I'm praying he's on his path to recovery. I'm just so darn afraid of relapses. Sometimes I think I would have been better off in the dark not knowing so much about addiction~~~but then again if I didn't~~~~~I wouldn't be so strong now. So~~~things are OK here for today....Luv ya guys, Bonnie

Yeah, they do. I am a miracle, as are most of the folks that post here.

Last edited by sailorjohn; 09-22-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Sailorjohn~~~Thanks for reminding me of that!! I'm sorry if I offend anyone with that comment. Sometimes I just don't think things through.....I need to hear the GOOD endings more I guess.....Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBD View Post
Sailorjohn~~~Thanks for reminding me of that!! I'm sorry if I offend anyone with that comment. Sometimes I just don't think things through.....I need to hear the GOOD endings more I guess.....Smiles, Bonnie

You didn't offend me. I know where you're coming from, like a lot of alcoholics/addicts a good percentage of the folks in my life have the same problem I do, sadly, none of them have actually figured it out, and a few of them never did. Happy for your miracle!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bonnie, So glad that you got to see Chris and that seeing him happy and doing well eased your mind. Sometimes when we let go they do manage to find their way. Remember if he does relapse (and I pray that he does not) that if you continue to let him be responsible for what happens to him you both will benefit. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bonnie... such great news for you and Chris. Must make your heart feel light. Hugs and continued good things!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Now Bonnie.

No offense taken.............................but you know I only have to look at what happened to me to say a RESOUNDING YES.

Remember, I was dead. The TOD was being put on my ER chart when my heart started on its own, so, of course, I believe Miracles do happen.

In addition, I have seen the miracles of recovery over the years. People that their families and friends had totally given up on, TOTALLY and today are sober and clean.

My vote is YES.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Women Do Recover!

Miracles do happen!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the weekend went well and you had such a good time. I also believe in miracles and am glad to see they do happen.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Perfectly Imperfect

Smile

Bonnie,

Yes!Yes!Yes! Miracles do happen. And don't feel bad for questioning it...our humanness causes us to look at things in an analytical perspective. We rationalize and try to reason everything. Reach inside to the spiritual being that is within you - that's the part that helps us believe in things we can't see.
I'm so happy you got to see Chris "healthy" and "happy". That is all we want, right? Right! I will keep praying for him that he stays strong and finds inner peace on his journey.
Thanks for keeping us posted!!
Have a grrreat day Bonnie

Hugs
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bonnie,

I remember how you were worried over this weekend before it came. For me, your experience is an excellent reminder that "worry" is a total waste of energy and doesn't accomplish anything, but having faith and accepting things one day at a time is a much more positive way to live life. So happy that you had a wonderful weekend with your son!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am glad that you had a good weekend with Chris.

... and miracles do happen (Hey I am a Cub fan )
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Bonnie,
People recover every day. Am so glad you had a good time with Chris.
I read here that worrying is like rocking back and forth-gets you nowhere
fast.I try to apply that thought to myself to get out of that zone.
hugs, Stef
Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh I am so happy inside to hear everything went so well with your son Chris this weekend. I know you were so worried about seeing him. Maybe your right, he is happy with leaving the past behind and it's bad memories. I wish I could do that at times!

Happy days ahead for you and try not to worry about what hasn't happened. I keep telling myself that to. Be happy for what did happen! (((HUGS))))
Old 09-23-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So glad you had a nice time.

I believe in miracles...I should have never survived the things I did when I was active, but here I am

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Bonnie, I believe in miracles.
my daughter is a walking miracle.

when she was 4 she was diagnosed with the most aggressive leukaemia known and on top of that they diagnosed her with Lymphoma .She also was diagnosed with ITP which is a platelet disease.

It took them almost a week to come to a prognosis. when they did, they told me she was not a candidate for a bone marrow transplant, and that her prognosis was not good.

At one point her oncologist sat behind his desk one day and informed me that I should take her home and enjoy her but this is when she will relapse and this is when she will die, pointing to time references in the future.

I KNEW if Kathryn was going to make it through this, it was going to be because God had plans for her...period.

As I look back on that time, I marvel at how Kathryn walked through all her treatment, without one relapse or crisis, no platelet transfusion at any point, and that is a miracle...the doctors shake their heads when they see her.

now she is fighting another battle, addiction, and again it is between her and her HP, as to what the outcome will be and again I pray...

all through her years of treatment, I would get up everyday and hand her over to her HP...and today it is the same ...

I have seen many miracles over the years..

yes, I absolutely do believe miracles happen..
Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I think that miracles are God's way of maintaining anonymity! When I look for them every day, I find them
But this was a big one. I am so happy for both of you. I cherish every phone call and every visit I have with my son - took 20 years for him to get sober again, has a year now - so I really live one day at a time with him. I've lived through drugging and relapses and sobriety - and I'll take sobriety any time.

I am so glad that things went just the way our HP had planned. Isn't it amazing how great our kids are when they aren't on drugs!

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler

Old 09-23-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bonnie,

Glad you got to have a good weekend w/your Chris. I pray for both you and your son and hope that some Chris wellness will rub off onto my son Chris!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BBD

Hey JMF~~~The only thing that bothers me is that I really don't totally trust Chris yet. He looks good~~is working and taking care of himself but how do I know that he isn't using anymore. I always thought that you could tell someone was on drugs but with cocaine I hear that isn't the case......this trust issue is going to be my next mt. to climb. If my Chris is doing well~~~I also hope that some of this comes to pass with your Chris.. Hang in there lady..Bonnie
Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Bonnie,

For me, the trusting is a process. That's why I try to stay in today, and not worry about the "what if's". As my sponsor says, "Look at where your feet are and get your head there!" Great advice. I always do better when I'm concentrating on today and not projecting all that bad stuff for the future (cause you know as a true codie, I never project "good"!... :)

Hugs and hang in there. Enjoy his sobriety TODAY!

Hangin' In