I hate . . .

Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I hate . . .

I hate . . .
Ike update
- the two contractors that were electrocuted in our area did not make it. please join me in prayer for their families and of course all the others still so harmed by this tragedy.

I'm sure all of you are probably tired of hearing about this - it is just so heavy on my heart - I have tears in my eyes as I type this - it is so horrible everywhere again.

More & more damage being found, more deaths, as of yesterday the flood waters still have not receded in so many areas here - people can't even get to their property to see if anything is left. I know Galveston & Houston areas are the same - Just like the people on the West coast with the wildfires, mudslides, the North with the snowstorms, the Great Lakes States with all the flooding - I am just so burden with all this devastation.

People work hard for a little piece of land, a home, even a few personal items to have a place to call home - a warm or cool garden of quiet retreat - then to be stolen away in just a matter of hours -

It reminds me of the disease of alcoholism/addiction - how our loved ones are so special, filled with such promise, hope and dreams - all to be wiped away by a cruel and hateful disease that cares nothing for our loved one or us and any of our family.

I hate Hurricanes, natural disasters and the disease of alcoholism/addiction.

I hate.

thank you for letting me feel my emotions - I know they are neither good nor bad - just emotions - prayerfully journaling & posting them will help me let them go & allow my HP to heal me.

HUGS,
Rita
Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

prayers for those that are sufferring and those who have lost so much
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Darn, that is SO sad, people out trying to do their best for us, and they are stuck down.

Prayers for their families, and prayers for all the crews helping to get the devastation from "Ike" repaired....:praying
Old 09-17-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have to say that I feel people tend to forget about disasters when it doesn't touch them because they just don't know...At least I feel that way about most. My heart still goes out to the lost souls of New Orleans. And of course My ex and his wife have a beautiful second home in Galveston or had I really am not sure yet. So many have lost homes and momentos and lives also. It is very sad and prayers go out to the families.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

awwww, (((Rita))) I'm sorry. I am sending prayers to the men who were electrocuted and those that love them. We still have a high school football coach in critical condition at a burn hospital from when lightening struck a football field.

You've been through a lot of natural disasters, and with Gustav and Ike back-to-back, it's no wonder you hate.

Take care of you, sweetie, and vent here all you want.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers for those that have suffered so much because of natural disasters - I live on a barrier island and appreciate and enjoy every day I live here. It could be Galveston and totally destroyed.

Maybe that's why we live "just for today".

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler
Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for all the victims of natural disasters. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sending prayers for all that are suffering and all that love them.

Hugs
Old 09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

sending prayers for all who are suffering as a reult of these disaters...physically, emotionally and spiritually. May they find comfort.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Rita,

You have such a beautiful heart, full of compassion and love. Prayers for those whose lives have been affected by the hurricanes, and prayers for you too that you're able to reach out in a special way and offer help and encouragement to those who have suffered loss.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Nope not tired at all of hearing about it.

it is just so heavy on my heart - I have tears in my eyes as I type this - it is so horrible everywhere again.
I'm right there with you.. I don't understand what is going on in our world
today it is all very frightening.

:ghug
Old 09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My prayers continue for all that has been happening and those that are suffering.