OT - good news?

Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

must have been a stressful road, but you're almost at the end of it. I'm sure lots of people wouldn't be bothered with it, and settle for what they had to. You want it off your record so you can return to work - no easy way out for you! proud of you (hugs) OH WAIT!! I have a question though....or a thought.......

your second charge was "theft by taking" ???
how else do you commit theft? I've committed theft and it certainly wasn't "theft by giving". (no matter how hard I tried to convince them......)
Old 09-16-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

YEAH! Thanks for sharing the news! Keep us posted!

Thanks too, by the way, for being YOU! You have helped me so much and I am so thankful you are one of the many on this board! Don't know where I'd be without you!

You go girl!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great news Amy - very happy for you! And in my book - this isn't OT - It's all about your awesome recovery!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone.

((Sleepy)) - Thanks for the info about the record. I do know that it will be on my record. I have a possession charge that was DISMISSED and it's on my record?! My PO says this charge cannot be expunged because it went before the grand jury, but I will ask Bill about it.

(((Wenchris))) - GA does have a program for impaired nurses, but I was already in trouble for abusing opiates, had gotten clean in AA when I met the guy who introduced me to crack (in AA). At that point, I just "gave up" on my license.

(((Jody))) - I'll probably be pm'ing you with questions/advice

I am aware that this is only a small step and I have a LOT of hurdles to get over. I burned a lot of bridges, have some hospitals I can never work for again, and it will be VERY hard to get a job.

However, I also know that I'm stubborn as the day is long, and there is a severe nursing shortage. The impaired progarm DOES put a narcotic restriction on you, but that's okay with me. I'm also thinking of going back to school, online, to get health information tech degree, which would use what I already know, plus give me the billing/coding education.

This may take years, but it's okay. I'll be 47 in a week and I still have a long, long time before I can retire. I'm just hoping I can get a more decent job here shortly, because work is sooooooo slow, I am going further into debt (no one is eating out any more).

In the long run? I just prayed "if nursing is where I need to be, let me do what I need to do...if it's not, point me in the right direction". I know there is way more for me than waiting tables, but for now, that's what I do, and I'm off to work.

You all are awesome, and I appreciate you VERY much!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

congratulatins ..hard work does pay off..pray about it, he willplace you where you need to be..my friend who was an RN in neonatal care switched her career to esticitian.facial help..lol didnt spell that write, but anyway she does laser treatments and botox injections and does skin care...she makes good money she opened up her own place..something to consider..many of us women are lookign for ways to look younger..lol or a nurse at a grouphome,hospice...etc thier are so many options for you....good luck and thats great news!!!