Just in case you were wondering...

Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just in case you were wondering...

My addicted niece's hearing was today

For those new to my situation - Meth addicted niece convicted of first and second degree narcotics possesison - got probabtion, a little time at the workhouse, treatment and therapy, then went back to using and selling - just recently got caught again.

The judge said it was a borderline call and when it's borderline he gives the benefit of the doubt - so instead of the 11 years in prison that is hanging over her head, she got 7 months in the workhouse, plus more treatment, therapy, etc. The judge said that if she violates probation again, he will send her to prison.

The good news is - I have 7 months of not worrying about anything - not worrying about where she'll sleep, what she'll eat, if she'll die in the snow or if she'll come over and create drama. I get a chance to see what living a relatively normal life might be like.

I don't know if she'll pull it off, but if she violates probation, that's just more time of rest for me. May sound harsh - I love her a lot, but not like she has been. I'm glad she's off the streets - she has seemed psychotic to me and in the workhouse she'll get evaluated for mental illness.

I now realize that I was never in charge of any of this and it feels good to let go.

If any have prayers to spare, I'd appreciate one or two for her - that she finally gets a clue.

thanks all for the support while going through this.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am saying a prayer for your neice. This disease affects so many people. I'm also saying a prayer for you and hope you find the peace you need.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending prayers that your niece will get the help that she needs and you will get back the serenity that you deserve to have. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She has my prayers too, that the next seven months sober will be a new beginning for her and the chance to take a better path in life.

Hugs
Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When my nephew got into trouble for selling to an undercover and was put on house arrest..... that I was able to stop worrying. He is now off of it - having minor slips here and there - but is now working very hard at his job! And what I learned in that time - was a learned behavior - to STOP worrying.

I learn so much more by "doing" - I think you'll find the same!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure no matter what, it is a relief for you that this day is over. I imagine it was weighing on your mind, regardless of how detached you have worked to become. You love her. It sounds as if HP wants to give her opportunities to grow and to try again. sending prayers that she will be open to the possibility. Prayers for her very kind aunt too
Old 09-16-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

praying for you and your neice. I pray that she realizes this is her change and jumps at it.
susan
Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

More prayers for you and your niece.

Hopefully, 7 months is just what she needs to "meet" her HP - and get back to living a healthy life.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Big hugs and prayers to you and your niece. Maybe, since she thought she was going to just walk away from this, and she isn't, she will begin to see how bad the consequences can get.

Amy